homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Math-a-holics and Code Junkies   » Windows pong... awesome use of javascript game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Windows pong... awesome use of javascript game
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 30, 2008 10:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.project-euh.com/pong/

and lots more fun stuff on the main page...
http://www.project-euh.com/
[Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 23:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's incredibly clever! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Mind you, I had to undo a bit of my Javascript lockdown for it to work, but I think it was worth it. [Smile]

(and it's all re-enabled again)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 13:11      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The window pong puts my years old Java based pong game to shame. All the other ones I took a look at where pretty cool. Of course, it all left me feeling inferior.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2008 18:58      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year at uni I had to write Pong in C++ then in XNA, needless to say I swore that if I ever saw Pong again I'd throw my computer out of the window (I think there's a Steve Woz quote there somewhere).

Kind of scary how that worked on what I assumed was pop-up resistant browser, made me giggle though xD

--------------------
^(^.^ )P~~~

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
password
Geek
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 16:32      Profile for password   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that reminds me of something very fun
check out www.chromeexperiments.com for more wacky antics like that.

--------------------
no my password is not username

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture