homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Suggestion Box!   » A new graemlin? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A new graemlin?
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 03:01      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With most of the posts I read and write, I find the need for a little vomiting graemlin. Or one with a grimace at least. I find that the 'tired' graemlin works well in substitute for it, but a vomiting one would convey the message more powerfully. [Razz]

--It's just me, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 05:31      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that disgusting.  -
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 05:38      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just you. If you check out web sites like www.clicksmilies.com, they have a whole heap of smilies. You can than just insert them as images, and they work. Like so  -

Very useful for when certain couples get a bit too cutesy [Wink] (I kid, I kid)

Edit: fixed typo in URL [Big Grin]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 10:12      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumina Manson:
With most of the posts I read and write, I find the need for a little vomiting graemlin. Or one with a grimace at least. I find that the 'tired' graemlin works well in substitute for it, but a vomiting one would convey the message more powerfully. [Razz]

--It's just me, C.P.

I find with most of the post that you write that i read, a vomitting Graemlin would not convey my utter disgustment.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 12:03      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
[QUOTE]I find with most of the post that you write that i read, a vomitting Graemlin would not convey my utter disgustment.

disgustment? Are you from Texas?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 12:12      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with disgustment? It came straight out of the Mike Tyson Dictionary.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 12:16      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds more like a 'Bushism'

-- I'll eat your children, CP

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 12:20      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh is that what your referementation to texas was?

--what the hell is the "cp" for, CP

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 12:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, all the kids are doing it.

-- Don't mess with Texas, C.P.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 13:34      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clicksmileys.com is not found with that link. [cry baby]

I would soooo like to have that one with the smiley pounding his head against the monitor.

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 13:49      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, click smilies is great

-

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 14:54      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. csk made a typo. He typed a comma instead of a period so it should be www.clicksmilies.com.
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 15:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
Mr. csk made a typo. He typed a comma instead of a period so it should be www.clicksmilies.com.

That link doesn't look at that grand, either, GMx [Wink] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted March 31, 2004 01:47      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't steal the almighty and mysterious C.P. sig at the end of all my posts! I shake my fist at thee!!! ///shake///shake///
quote:
I find with most of the post that you write that i read, a vomitting Graemlin would not convey my utter disgustment.
You say disgustment, I say flirtatious. [Wink] (And yes, only I would take an utter insult in as a good thing like that) I love you, Jace, you're too cool!
And I've already explained in other posts what C.P. stands for, so I'm not going to explain it again. Look for it your damn selves!!!!!
Awe, hell, I'll just give it to you all again!!!
Christie:after John Christie who killed some people in London.
Page: : Oh, come on, people! If you don't know who Bettie Page is, I don't know what I'll do!
Although the method is first name famous girl, last name famous murderer, Bettie Christie didn't have the same zing. Yay!

--Make me sick,  - C.P.

--------------------

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 01:49      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not fair, no one asked me what my initials stood for when I used them at the end of a post (only one, mind you).

-- Interesting comment should go here, TIMN

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 31, 2004 02:13      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Not fair, no one asked me what my initials stood for when I used them at the end of a post (only one, mind you).

-- Interesting comment should go here, TIMN

Suddenly, everyone wants to jump on the Lumi band-wagon! It's my band-wagon! Well, I guess you could stay for a soda. mmm, soda.
So now that you demand to be the center of attention, [Roll Eyes] what do your initials ( if they arn't name initials) stand for, csk? A movie? A password? A brand of toilet paper? A street name? Eh? Eh?

--Rap Master csk?, C.P.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 02:26      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the "csk" initials, the "TIMN" initials. [Big Grin]

It's hard to say what they stand for without giving it all away, let's just say they're self referential.

/me reflects on his journey from lurker to attention whore. Hard to believe I lurked for literally years before I got built up enough confidence to actually post.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 02:55      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tattoo in my navel?
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 03:07      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
self-referential in terms of referring to themselves, as opposed to referring to me in any way.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 31, 2004 03:11      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you rather be a lurking whore? [Wink]
Ten Ill-fated Margarita Nights
Doesn't that just say it all???

-- [Wink] csk, C.P.

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 05:37      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't my name?
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 06:20      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting closer, at least in concept.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 07:01      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIMN = TIMN Is My Name

Right?

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 07:18      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:
TIMN = TIMN Is My Name

Right?

Getting closer, but it's not a recursive acronym (just self referential).

I'll a couple of hints. One, it's going to be anti climactic once you find out what it is. Two, the "I" stands for initials.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2004 07:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:
TIMN = TIMN Is My Name

Right?

Getting closer, but it's not a recursive acronym (just self referential).

I'll a couple of hints. One, it's going to be anti climactic once you find out what it is. Two, the "I" stands for initials.

I kind of was thinking that latter part subconsciously as I read this post - I'm not sure if I thought it before reading it or after...very strange.

Anyway...I'll have to say:
These Initials Mean Nothing.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture