homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Server move!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Server move!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 26, 2013 18:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're updating our server, which involves moving everything to a new box, so expect weirdness and shutdowns over the next days.

Apologies in advance and may the godz have mercy on my soul.

[Eek!]

Posts: 7836 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2013 20:26      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May the internet gods bring back the old members!

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5493 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2013 01:10      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ugh* Better you than me. [Razz]

Give Fawn my best. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9220 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2013 14:59      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
May the internet gods bring back the old members!

... you rang?
Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2013 16:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheMoMan has not seen the Beer mug in a LoooooonG time.

--------------------

Posts: 5493 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 24, 2013 10:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so it's only been a month. [Razz]

Spiny and I think the new server is pretty much ready to go now, so the big sitcheroo is coming this weekend or soon after, I think. [Angel]

May the godz have mercy on our DNS.

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2013 06:20      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy, Yesterday I could not access the forums. However this morning, I am able to post and it appears that all is well with the server move.

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 29, 2013 10:38      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish! Yesterday there was an entirely unrelated and unexpected issue on the current server, which essentially toasted the whole site for most of the day. [cry baby] [Mad]

Thank SpinyNorm for saving the day... [Applause]

In theory, we shall be attempting the actual server move sometime this week.

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2013 13:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No No Say it ain't so

Whooo boyyy

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 01, 2013 13:28      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday is moving day! I'll be shutting off the Forums at around 8AM Pacific, and hopefully the new server will take over sometime later that morning.
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2013 14:39      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Music to move your server by

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 03, 2013 16:53      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we alive?

Has a New Fawn risen from the 10 year-old ashes of our old server?

looks like it! [Applause]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 03, 2013 20:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo-hoo!

Well done, geek overlords! [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9220 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.