homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Tim Horton's New restaurant in West Branch Mi.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tim Horton's New restaurant in West Branch Mi.
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2012 09:40      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does one really express disappointment? My wife a former Tim Hortons employee, and myself have been awaiting the opening of the New Tim Hortons in West Branch Mi.

Remember that a business only has one chance to create a good first impression. Well they did create a first impression, to sum it up, it was two trips First and Last.

First they got the order wrong, then they over charged me, The Chilli was not as hot as I would have liked (warm) the Mocha was weak, it may have been fresh but it could have tasted like coffee and hot chocolate, not warm water.

I may not be a Tim Hortons mystery shopper, however I can take this one off my list of stops.

This Tim's and the one in Banger township of Bay City. To my standards do not measure up. Other Tim's around the state are better than these two.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5494 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 15, 2012 13:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear that they change the Tims in America, and that the coffee isn't the same as the good ol' Canadian Tims, etc.

If so, that is a crime against humanity.

Posts: 7836 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2012 14:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy here in Mi. there is a large variation on quality of the coffee. The best ones are closer to Windsor, As some one goes North through the state quality drops off.

--------------------

Posts: 5494 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2012 14:04      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never met a cup of Tim Horton's Coffee that I didn't like! Of course, I was only 30 miles from Detroit, which puts me pretty close to the border crossing at Detroit/Windsor. Perhaps that just adds corroborating data to MoMan's theory of quality being inversely proportional to the distance from Windsor?

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2330 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2012 23:18      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go along with the geographical correlation
as well. Here in the Detroit - Port Huron corridor
I've never had a bad cup of Tim's coffee. The,
staff however... I assume the variation has to
to with the franchisee more than anything else but
it seems to me smaller town = better staff. But
buy that reasoning the service is West Branch should
be fantastic. [Razz]

Then there was the time about 12 years ago in Warren.
I stopped at the 14 Mile and Van Dyke store about
5 am for a coffee and two old-fashioned plain.
They were out of coffee... How does that happen!

Posts: 792 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2012 01:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no...a bad Tims? That might be worse than no Tims!

It's been a good while since I've had any Tims coffee. :/ (.ca, though!)
There used to be one or two b/t NY & MA and I'm pretty sure they've been shuttered. (Man, that really made for a nice break. :/) I won't go to the ones in NYC as I've heard they're run by a franchise operator that got kicked to the curb by Dunkin', so that's a no-go!

If anyone has any good NE Tims advice, I'd welcome it. [Smile]
(Otherwise, I might just have to go north again some time. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9220 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2012 06:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Downtown Brantford, Ont. that was a good Tims.

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2012 12:59      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err... Dunkin' Donuts is better... so is Robbins. Tim's has great marketing and / or a scary level of fanboi-hood, but it's not really that good. The day they eliminated the peanut coated varieties of donuts was a dark day for humanity. Granted, their breakfast sandwiches are nice, but you might as well suck a pound of lard for all the dietary awfulness they provide.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6525 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2012 13:10      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DON'T FEED TEH TROLL!!!!11!!1!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1673 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2012 17:52      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
DON'T FEED TEH TROLL!!!!11!!1!

Uh... we weren't?

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2330 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2012 15:01      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking about spungo's blasphemous Dunkin' Donuts comments ;-)

--------------------
Ugh!

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2012 18:30      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Infamy, infamy... they've all got it in for me!"

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6525 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2012 00:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do trolls eat doughnuts?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10473 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2012 13:40      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do trolls eat doughnuts?
Maybe the Billy Goats Gruff would know.
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2012 09:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Franchise Holder,

Franchise Holder,

Franchise Holder,

Franchise Holder, Not unlike Location, Location, Location makes all the difference in the quality of the Tim's. The management group that runs the Bay City and West Branch Tim's are are one and the same. However the Tim's in Midland Mi. is managed by a different group, their coffee and Mocha's are first rate No empty bins and no "We're out of that".
The Tim's in Flint are also first rate, just plan on being disappointed if seeing the Tim's sign in Bay City and West Branch. They do not even reply to complaints.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2012 14:54      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So call corp. HQ and complain about the quality of the franchise holder.
They'll probably listen if they think their good name is being sullied.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9220 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2012 16:13      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D-man My first post on the subject was the E-Mail to the Contact us page at Tim Horton's, There first reply was that the franchisee was going to contact me, and that they were truly sorry. I never did get a reply from the local manager or the franchisee. I sent a reply to their first E-mail however I do not think they care about one customer.

Bottom line if the franchisee is making money I guess they are not hurting them selves too much.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.