homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Earthquake in the Philippines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Earthquake in the Philippines
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2012 07:17      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 6.8 magnitude earthquake. The earthquake in a narrow strait between the heavily populated island provinces of Negros and Cebu hit around lunchtime on Monday. Has anyone else known about this, or just that the Lamestream media does not care.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5474 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2012 11:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like there are plenty of articles about it out there

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2012 13:32      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My point was CNN, no. CBS,NBC,ABC no. Searching for an event is not the same as it pops up on a news feed.

I found out Monday morning from a ham in NZ. so I have been watching the news. The most important news was did MIA flip off the NFL Super Bowl.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5474 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2012 14:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It got reported here, but it is in our back yard, and these days anything even remotely likely to cause a tsunami gets the local media in a lather.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10460 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.