homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Does anyone remember Liquid Television?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone remember Liquid Television?
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2011 11:47      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liquid Television was a show produced by MTV in the 90s which featured a lot of original short films and animation. Some of the stuff they showed was pretty awesome.

And now it's online.
(at least for US residents... sorry if it's blocked in your country)

The site design is a bit 90s, too, and I don't mean that in a good way.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2011 00:47      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you GrumpySteen! This is definitely one of those shows that I wish MTV had kept going.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2011 15:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not recall that show - but I do remember when MTV actually used to show music videos. [Razz] I have absolutely no idea what they air these days, though I'm pretty sure it's 90% reality TV tripe. :/

I also remember when Carson Daly surrounded himself with throngs of screaming teenagers gushing over the likes of Britney Spears, pre-crackup.

Damn this getting old thing...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2011 14:32      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can remember watching that and thinking myself quite hip and trendy. [Smile]
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture