homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Dr. Who Experience promo shots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Who Experience promo shots
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted February 15, 2011 10:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few picts that the folks from Dr. Who Experience in London sent us. Nice!

Can I buy a Dalek in the gift shop? [Big Grin]

A team of technicians at the Doctor Who Experience showcase five generations of Cybermen heads. The evolution of the Cybermen forms part of The Doctor Who Experience – a fully interactive themed adventure and exhibition which opens at London’s Olympia Two venue on 20th February 2011.
 -

1966 Cyberman from the’ Tenth Planet’, the 1967 Cyberman from ‘The Moonbase’, the 1975 Cyberleader from the ‘Revenge of the Cybermen’, the 1985 Cybercontroller from ‘Attack of the Cybermen’, and the 1988 Cyberman from ‘Silver Nemesis’ .
 -

Exhibition worker, Samantha Crawford puts the finishing touches to the iconic 1974 Doctor Who Monster K1 which forms part of Doctor Who Experience.
 -

Technicians Steve Richley and Shane Winterbourne put the finishing touches to a 2005 model Dalek
 -

Exhibition worker, Samantha Crawford puts the finishing touches to a 2005 model Dalek which forms part of a display at The Doctor Who Experience.
 -

Featured Daleks: (from left to right) the 1984 Dalek from Resurrection of the Daleks, the 1988 Special Weapons Dalek, the 2005 lone Dalek encountered by ninth Doctor , and the new Dalek paradigm from 2010.
 -

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 11:21      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too cool. I've been a Whovian since the zipper backed monster days. There used to be a group from the Tornonto area that made great props. They'd come to conventions. I think they were called "The not necessarily the BBC prop department."
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 11:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZOMG! That looks very cool -- and a far sight more impressive than the already cool exhibit I saw further West (CF).

[thumbsup]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 16:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

Yes - but the prices will EXTERMINATE!!! your credit card.

(btw - have I mentioned that I've stood inside the actual (1960's model) TARDIS? It's smaller on the inside than it is on the outside)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2011 11:38      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

Yes - but the prices will EXTERMINATE!!! your credit card.

(btw - have I mentioned that I've stood inside the actual (1960's model) TARDIS? It's smaller on the inside than it is on the outside)

yea, but for 5 grand you are well on your way to conquering a plaent without stair, or rough terrain.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2011 22:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The druidlings saw a YouTube video of someone tormenting a cat with a remote controlled model Dalek, so naturally they begged me to get one.

Turns out the remote has a 'fire' button, if you get 2 you can play Dalek Wars (laser-tag for Daleks) with them. Just spent the last couple of hours EX-TER-MI-NAT-ING the druidlings, heaps of fun.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2011 08:14      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might have to get one of those for DM. She wasn't feeling well yesterday. So she lay on the couch having an old school Doctor marathon.
Need to get all the episodes I taped off PBS onto DVD before they die.

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2011 12:50      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of Daleks did you get? Some seem quite pricy.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2011 13:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
What kind of Daleks did you get? Some seem quite pricy.

Link

They're only 6" tall, you see a lot of ads for the 13" ones, which are a lot more expensive, but in this case, Size Is Not Important, the little ones are heaps of fun.

If you're getting 2, make sure you get a Red and a Blue, they're on different frequencies. Cost $50 each at the local Comics and Assorted Geekabilia shop or UKP 20 from Amazon UK

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture