homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Parking problems solved!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parking problems solved!
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2010 11:03      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Want one...

radical parking solution!

[Applause]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2010 12:15      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen a few years back that toyota has a prototype citycar like this.

As renault has never made a five wheel car, I take it this is a DIY job. Sounds like the car shifts are as smooth as bargain basement vodka with a cigatte but in it.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2010 14:28      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheaper solution

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2010 18:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
cheaper solution

Better link:
http://openvideo.dailymotion.com/video/xdvnix_parking-spot-win_fun

(Previous link starts at the end...which somewhat appropriately _fails_ [Razz] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2010 18:19      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Here is a much more practical solution. It needs fewer wheels, too!

25 Cents an Hour! In San Franciso!

What do you think!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2010 00:31      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Geek 2U:
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Here is a much more practical solution. It needs fewer wheels, too!

25 Cents an Hour! In San Franciso!

What do you think!

Mr. Geek 2U!

Is this novel because motorcyclists are used to a free ride in the staets? Even bicycle parking her costs money 8 ca (1 frank per day)

at 25 cents per day, I would calculate, if you are using a motorcycle to commute instead of a car, you would spend ca 700 USD per year. I would think you could rent a space for a car for that much.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 06, 2010 17:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of parking...

nice garage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnKoGN2oaTk

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2010 02:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<bad-croc-dundee-impersonation>

That's not an amazing parking garage, this is an amazing parking garage

-

</bad-croc-dundee-impersonation>

quote:
from tfa:
The actual space that the facility occupies is approximately only 20% of a comparable facility with the traditional design that is used primarily in the US. Not only is the German structure less expensive to build, but vehicles are also ‘retrieved’ in less time and without the potential of being damaged by an attendant.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 07, 2010 11:52      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks super-scary, TFD!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2010 00:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
That looks super-scary, TFD!! [Eek!]

You are not in the car when it is "sorted".

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2010 04:04      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Where I worked we "had" an automated material retrieve system. All would go well for about ten months in a row then for some reason it would try to store two objects in the same space. After about ten years the company that made the damn thing and our company gave up on it. The racks were left in place and then HiLo drivers did the stacking visually.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2010 18:43      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
[QUOTE]Is this novel because motorcyclists are used to a free ride in the staets? Even bicycle parking her costs money 8 ca (1 frank per day)

at 25 cents per day, I would calculate, if you are using a motorcycle to commute instead of a car, you would spend ca 700 USD per year. I would think you could rent a space for a car for that much.

Hello Ashitaka!

I hope you are having a good day! I am!

No offence! I think you missed the point.

San Francisco is very pretty and very expensive!

I don't think you could rent parking space for a fly for $700 in San Francisco! No! No! No!

I left my bank account in San Franciso! Ha! Ha! Ha!

25-cents an hour is cheap cheap cheap! Like the birdies sing!

Three motorcycles in the space of a car? A car would cost lots and lost and lots and lost more for that!

In San Francisco congestiation is a problem that cold remedies cannot fix. Cough! Cough! Cough!

But motorcycles can fix congestiation! So the riders get a discount!

How about THAT!

Have a great day!

And ride a motorcycle when you visit San Francisco. That is what I do!

Mr. Geek 2U!

But riding

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2010 00:18      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a few days in San fransisco this summer. Parking ( for a fwe days) didn't seem that expensive, though, a car is not the way to get around that city, neither are the Trams. I took a taxis everywhere.

One night, we decided to take a pedal taxi back to the hotel because it was so nice out. We chose a taxi driver that must have been fresh of the boat ( nothing wrong with that, I am all for giving immigrants a chance and work). He couldn't speak a word of english. ( We told someone on his cell phone where we wante to go and they translated, I think he was from Azerbyjan or somewhere thereabouts). We had forgotten that our hotel was straight uphill from the restaurant. We felt so bad for our taxi driver by the time we got to our hotel we paid him three times the agreed upon rate.
Just a threadjack story fropm me about travel in san fransisco.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture