homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Free Cookery lessons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free Cookery lessons
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2010 07:08      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love cooking, I like to make simple food, where the things I cook taste of what they are. Simple however is not the same thing as easy, and though I am fairly experienced, I am self taught, so I enjoy and can usually pick up tips from a little formal training. So I recommend, particularly to any inexperienced cook, the free lessons on frying and knife skills here. They are of course designed to persuade you to sign up for the site, but they are complete in themselves, and admirably clear and well produced.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2010 08:18      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty neat, Calli.

We just ordered some Indian (the Asian sort) cookbooks in an attempt to broaden our repertoire.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2010 00:48      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, since is is not meant to be entertainment, the can go into much more detail that Alton can. Though most of what they say in the videos I have already learned fom Alton.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture