homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » My new favorite judge of all time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new favorite judge of all time
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2010 18:38      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This judge should have been given a medal

"Last year, Los Angeles County Judge Brett Klein was presented with a proposed class-action settlement in which the plaintiffs' attorney would get $125,000, but class members would get only a $10 gift card, usable only at the store that allegedly violated the law in the first place."

"he ordered that the attorney also be paid in $10 gift cards, just like the people he represented. Under Klein's order, Neil Fineman was to receive 12,500 gift cards that he could put toward the purchase of any merchandise he liked, as long as he liked the women's clothing at Windsor Fashions."

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2010 18:59      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll see your [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] and raise you a [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

We need more judges like that.

btw -
quote:
Neil Fineman was to receive 12,500 gift cards that he could put toward the purchase of any merchandise he liked, as long as he liked the women's clothing at Windsor Fashions."

I'm sure I've seen a Monty Python sketch along those lines...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2010 10:57      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go, judge!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2010 11:53      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you never know about the evenings of the attorney. He might just want something seductive with fishnets.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture