homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Well it seems that Indian Summer and Fall are over!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well it seems that Indian Summer and Fall are over!
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2009 05:25      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Himself, Well it seems that Indian Summer and Fall are over!

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/hazards/apx

____ I have both tractors full of fuel the 4X4 is full and the blade is on. Now to call the fuel company to bring out winter blend for the elevated tank.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2009 13:30      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, it's been spitting snow here most of the day. However, all I really want is a white Christmas and then the snow can go back up north where it belongs.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 09:44      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday, if was below 5 F so I had kreziserb give me a ride to work. This morning, it was a balmy 6 F so I rode my bike. kreziserb let me do it because he's learned to pick his battles. We're on a storm watch though, and it was snowing this morning. If/when the storm shows, it'll be the second storm and third or fourth snow since mid-October. And maybe the ski slopes will be in condition after this...

The parking lot is an ice sheet. Seriously. Getting in and out of my apartment complex is the most dangerous part of my commute. Complaining to the property management goons gets us plebians who live there nowhere, probably because no one's broken a leg or totalled a car.

Yet.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 10:46      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It got really cold here, suddenly, and after rain yesterday, we've got ice everywhere. As a result, accidents abound.

The street right outside my complex was particularly bad, resulting in a three car accident, including one that knocked a light pole across the entrance just before I left. The ice was clearly visible, so it's not like the idiots couldn't tell the street was going to be slick, but that's people for you. Case in point: just last week three people died on the corner there maybe 50 meters from my front door. The driver was drunk and speeding, with a suspended license no less (fortunately he only managed to kill himself and two of his passengers).

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2009 01:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Well the storm is here, and it appears that the Weather Man's Schedule and ETA were good. Our Cat Muffin, has become an out side bodily function cat and she keeps whining to go out, but when I open the door she backs up and in. She will and does use the litter box if she cannot get out. The fuel company did not bring untaxed fuel for the tractors so last night I went to town and got twenty five gallons in portable containers. So when daylight comes, I will get the toys out.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture