homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » If you ain't got Mojo Nixon then your store could use some fixin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you ain't got Mojo Nixon then your store could use some fixin
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2009 08:51      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually not a huge fan of Mojo Nixon, but he's had a couple of songs I like. Regardless, Amazon has put up almost everything he's recorded for free* and there are bound to be a few people on here who like his stuff.

Fix your store

*I should probably mention that it's free for people in the U.S. Amazon doesn't sell MP3s to other countries as far as I know.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2009 10:37      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded them all this week! I only had a few songs on some compilations &' Prairie Home Invasion' with him & Jello Biafra. He's hit & miss on some songs but lots of great stuff! He is very tongue-in-cheek on his stuff. Some great Psychobilly!

As I nestled on my barstool
I felt your warmness within
I looked down at my pants
That wasn't warmness
I wet myself again

"Are you drinkin' with me Jesus"

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2009 20:32      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this on BoingBoing today and took the opportunity to d/l the tunes I liked. My Mojo collection was lost when my car was broken into way back when and they took all my cassettes. Kudos to Mojo for doing this! [Cool]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 01:30      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
*I should probably mention that it's free for people in the U.S. Amazon doesn't sell MP3s to other countries as far as I know.

Amazon sells MP3s in the UK at least, although this free thing is not an option at the moment.

If anyone is tempted, please do not use the "Amazon MP3 downloader" they offer for OSX. It is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever used, and seriously makes me want to avoid using amazon for downloads in the future (though it can be bypassed).

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 10:48      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:

If anyone is tempted, please do not use the "Amazon MP3 downloader" they offer for OSX. It is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever used, and seriously makes me want to avoid using amazon for downloads in the future (though it can be bypassed). [/QB]

I haven't had any problems with the application, it automatically adds the tracks right into iTunes. What is it doing/not doing for you?
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 15:03      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh, maybe I'm being too harsh. It was a long time ago, and I used it only once. All I can remember is that it angered me and I swore never to use it again.

I think it highjacked embedded mp3s in webpages so any link would launch the amazon website or something similar.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2009 16:30      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had forgotten about Mojo Nixon... I had a few of his CDs eons ago... something about "Stuffin' Martha's Muffin." Is he still around? I suppose I could look him up...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture