homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Attack of the Space Cheese!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attack of the Space Cheese!
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted July 29, 2009 06:10      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently there's a lump of cheese that's been into space and back missing somewhere in the UK.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/29/space_cheese/

Who knows what horrible mutations it's been through and what freaky space bugs it's picked up and started breeding somewhere in a cheesy smelling crater.

They missed a major commercial opportunity there though. If they'd gone for a higher launch and put the cheese in a bread based re-entry vehicle, they could have done a great trade in space toasties.

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 06:39      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an article on this when they were doing the preparations for lauch. Now, I am all for crazy ideas, but this one was particularly stupid in my opinion. Instead of spending 1000£ to send a peice of chees up into space , spend that money on a decent bottle of wine and drink it with the cheese. It will develop the flavour of the cheese better than sending it on an errant mission to who knows where.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 10:32      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
] It will develop the flavour of the cheese better than sending it on an errant mission to who knows where.
somebody's back garden it appears.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8175347.stm

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2009 13:33      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can sleep again!! The cheese has landed!!!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2009 18:27      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! It's been above the ozone layer and probably
exposed to more cosmic rays and who knows what
else sorts of radiations. It will probably change and mutate!

Really it could turn into some sort of horrible space munster...

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 03, 2009 00:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering what the higher radiation and cosmic rays amounts would do to the cheese. Probably the same as a few seconds in the microwave.

mmm...

microwave raclette

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture