homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I expect a review from dragonman and jessycat. :-)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I expect a review from dragonman and jessycat. :-)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 09, 2009 11:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RT @sewell_chan The doughnut war is on:

Tim Hortons is coming to NYC: http://bit.ly/18KICD

(via @palafo)

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2009 14:26      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
from TFA:
The conversion comes after a decade of contention between Riese and Dunkin’ Donuts that peaked after the New York Post published a photo of a mouse munching on a doughnut in a shop operated by Riese on 46th Street at Fifth Avenue. The chain sued Riese and the sides eventually agreed that the relationship would end this week in what Dunkin’ Donuts called a “disenfranchisement."

So, the operator was sacked by Dunkin Donuts for poor standards, and now plans to re-open as Tim Hortons.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted July 09, 2009 14:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EEEEK!!!!
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2009 18:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got to a City Room article before me...good on you! [Smile]

I second Druid's comments.

Also, I'm not around Penn Station very often - and the blurb was sparse on details/locations.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2009 10:11      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there on Monday morning. I haven't had a Tim's fix since in 3 years, when I stumbled upon the one near Buffalo.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2009 06:18      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like a large double-double and a French cruller to go please. Thanks.

=)

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2009 19:54      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A followup post:
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/13/the-donut-wars-begin/

I'm rarely in the Penn Sta. area, though I have been meaning to stop by B&H, so perhaps I'll get by there at some point. At the very least, I'll definitely make a point of stopping at a /real/ Tim Hortons (there's a lot of skepticism about the chain that's running this joint) the next time I go to Boston. Mind you, I also quite like the Dunkin' in Meriden on the 91 shortcut off 84...it's a very nice place, and quite convenient. I can't say the same for Tim's, but my visit last fall was quite grand!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture