homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Too good to pass up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too good to pass up
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2009 07:22      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this time of ecological consciousness, some people are more green than others. Not only do Rona recovers paint remains, they also reuse an Apple ad to say so.

Go see the result here, it's brilliant.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2009 10:15      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's cool, but After seeing the ad, I have no idea what they sell, so it's not the best ad.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2009 10:44      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I should have said this from the start: the ad is the banner the cranes are putting up under Apple's billboard, not the video. (The video is really just for history.)

As for what it is for: they are taking back excess of paint (people bought too much, or they have just some left in their cans, or it's old paint they have kept for touch-ups but have now dried up, etc.), and reuse/recycle/properly dispose of it. Hence the "paint" from the iPods nano that trickles into the paint buckets. (It's a free service, too.)

It's written at the bottom of the ad: "Nous récupérons les restes de peinture" - "We recover paint remains."

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture