homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Apocalypse Roundup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apocalypse Roundup
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 03:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone over at Wired caught the Apocalypse bug.

There's the list of favorite world expiration dates. (The only one that hasn't come and gone is Mayan armageddon in 2012.)

And speaking of Mayan armageddon in 2012, there's also an article on the Georgia Guidestones, a monument in Georgia erected by a secret society to provide direction to the remnants of humanity that survive a coming apocalypse. The stones don't give any specific timeframe, but they do attract lunatic conspiracy theorists. (Satanists, aliens, and Rosicrucians, oh my!)

And since the LHC didn't destroy the earth by sucking it into a black hole, we're still on track to be destroyed by solar flares, just like those pesky Mayans predicted.

And then Neil Strauss has gone from teaching America how to get laid to explaining how to survive the collapse of civilization.

Of course, no discussion of the apocalypse would be truly complete without a mention of the Zombie Apocalypse.

So, in 2012 most of humanity is going to be turned into zombies by solar flares, and Neil Strauss and a few other stragglers will survive, and thanks to the Rosicrucians, they'll have a giant stone monument in Georgia that will help them to rebuild civilization by suggesting that everyone recycle.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 12:31      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone notice how the Georgia Guidestones don't have any instructions in French? I wonder if they know something about the apocalypse that we don't? [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.