homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I got owned!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I got owned!
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 17:20      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like someone snagged my myspace/facebook/gmail password. Thanks to Serenak for the heads up. I noticed it at lunch, I was like WTF. I'm locking my credit report as we speak.
Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 17:47      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maggs, I feel your pain! In January someone compromised my debit card and pin, then just a couple weeks ago, someone got into my yahoo account and was acting like me when I was at work! It was insane, I can not tell you how many hours I have wasted in the last few months fixing other peoples mistakes! Ughhh!!! [shake head]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 19:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminder: Pick good security questions/answers. Hell, if you really want them to be good: LIE!

Well known answers are how Sarah Palin's Yahoo! account got compromised, as well as Paris Hilton's mobile account.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 01:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
just a couple weeks ago, someone got into my yahoo account and was acting like me when I was at work!

You don't know the half of it.
While you're at work, I'm trying on your underwear and finding creative uses for your toothbrush. [evil]

That's when I'm not tampering with ASM's video collection...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 01:29      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ HEH , HEH , heh ____

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 03:49      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Druid... Can you please return my favorite red thong?

*Throws away her toothbrush* [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 11:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Druid... Can you please return my favorite red thong?

I'm not sure which one you mean.
Maybe if you posted a photo of yourself wearing it?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2009 11:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many public computers wind up with keyloggers installed, so in general, don't check anything requiring a password from a mall kiosk/store demo/library/computer lab etc. It's impossible for those locations to police them constantly. Also, many sites checkmark, by default, the "remember me" or "log in automatically" setting during log in. If you're using someone else's computer, make sure you uncheck that.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2009 11:46      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ How are we to know what Red one. Theres OxBlood, Swedish Red, Autumn Red, and Fire Engine Red, plus IH Tractor Red thats my Favorite.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2009 14:43      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no guys...these were candy apple red. Druid, I think you should put them on and snap the shot! [Razz]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2009 15:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Druid, I think you should put them on and snap the shot! [Razz]

Be careful what you wish for...

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture