homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » CNN typo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN typo
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 16, 2007 01:33      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN editors should use more than spell check before posting something online. (note the 2nd headline under "Midwest")

-

In the article correctly describes having found 100 rounds on the man. I can no longer find the article. as you can see from the EI snapshot I took this pic at work so I could post later. I knew it wouldn't be around for long.

And if it was correct, WTF kind of weapon takes 1 pound rounds. Who does this guy think he is, Duke Nukem? That is one hell of a hand cannon he had with him.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 10:51      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even more lame: You use Internet Explorer [Razz]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 11:25      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He could have just had like five RPGs. Kinda bulky but man what a blast!
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 16:02      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's such explosive news.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted September 17, 2007 20:05      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when i served, the M60 with 3 belts was roughly 65 Lbs.

Each round for my 45 is about 5 oz.
add the clip 3 oz. and each clip is 7 rounds....

Remington ammo chart

the heaviest was the 50 BMG cal Rifle the best weapon i ever carried was the Heckler and Koch MP5 0-1-3
That thing was nible with 45 ACP rounds you had knock down power.

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 4 posted September 17, 2007 20:25      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extrema 2

this guy is just plain wicked

why is it the fat red neck always has the insane wepons

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted September 17, 2007 20:27      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
found the nut case

nut case

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 00:35      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

as mentioned in my post, took the snapshot at work. I have to use IE.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 09:03      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

as mentioned in my post, took the snapshot at work. I have to use IE.
Even more lame: You work. [Razz]
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture