homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I'll be gone for a while (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: I'll be gone for a while
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 09:51      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see how long this lasts. This is a thread for posting when you will be gone for a while. There are those people who are here every day and when they suddenly aren't, it's a bit disconcerting.

For instance, uilleann. He's such a pest. But he's gone and I'm a bit concerned. He didn't mention anything to me (not that he would) but if anyone knows anything, please post it here.

And if you go on vacation or whatever and won't be around, it would be nice if you would post about it here so that people don't worry.

Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:10      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol - i didn't even notice uilleann not posting for awhile i guess its because steen and uilleann posts are very similar.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:16      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uilleann is alive and well, but I'm sure he got tired of BS and will probably stay away for a good bit. About the only people who comment on taking leaves of absence are emo kids who have been grounded, or lab rats who inform us that they may be putting one of their nine lives on the line... [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:29      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz]

I got another one up my sleeve, but no announcments yet - there're still a couple months during which I could break a leg or something.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:45      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be taking a week or two here and there, but I doubt anyone would notice... though the sarcasm level might drop briefly [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stevenback7 wrote:
lol - i didn't even notice uilleann not posting for awhile i guess its because steen and uilleann posts are very similar.

If you really think our posts are similar, you should reduce your consumption of drugs and alcohol.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 12:11      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
I'll be taking a week or two here and there, but I doubt anyone would notice... though the sarcasm level might drop briefly [Big Grin]

Same here, but you should probably replace "sarcasm" with "arrogance". [Big Grin] (Well, I'm officially an über elitist asshole, after all! [crazy] )

Plus there are some times when I have nothing to say, or feel no need to say it - which would have been the case here, if not of your comment, WS!

Edit: I used my 1500th post on a silly subject! Whoohoo! [Big Grin] (Not that I really care, mind you. I just checked it following the comments on 3 digits UID and post counts, and it happened to be a nice number. I'll take greater care of my 2048th one, I promise! [Wink] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 12:19      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I'm hit and miss on reading threads, and post erratically, I have noticed the absence of GarlicGuy recently.... [Confused]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 13:09      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder where Catgoddess has gone to? She was on a lot at first but now she seems to have disappeared.

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 12, 2007 13:19      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could always do a 'skylar' and melodramatically thread-jack to announce your permanent departure... before skulking back in again a few weeks later, because you just couldn't stay away... [Razz]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 14:48      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
stevenback7 wrote:

If you really think our posts are similar, you should reduce your consumption of drugs and alcohol.

yeah yeah - now uilleann likes to rant more but you guys seem to have the same kind of style.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 15:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not by a long shot...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2007 06:08      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to disapear here and there for a month or two at a time. Then I come to check Joy of Tech and then browse the posts.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2007 07:40      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
I like to disapear here and there for a month or two at a time. Then I come to check Joy of Tech and then browse the posts.

I read that as "browse the pants" [ohwell]

I lurk most threads, and occasionally go through bouts of posting, such as now. Then I'll probably disappear from posting for half a year or so again.

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 13, 2007 08:02      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"steen and uilleann posts are very similar."

What the? Huh? [crazy] [crazy] [crazy] !!!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 13, 2007 08:32      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such a caring thread! I love it! I'm around, lurking usually (in case anyone is worried).
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2007 20:29      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lurk when i can but then again life got entertaining just recently so I may be gone more then not... I love it here but some recent events are taking up a lot of time.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2007 04:47      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
This is such a caring thread! I love it! I'm around, lurking usually (in case anyone is worried).

Thank you for reporting in and for thinking of this as a caring thread, even though I called uilleann a pest. [Smile] As Steen would say, that's part of his charm. [thumbsup]
quote:
Originally posted by The real Stealth:
I lurk when i can but then again life got entertaining ..

Care to share?
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2007 10:44      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be insensate for the next 48 hours: womped out on hroopy pills. Just in case anyone decided to miss me. Typing on painkillers is disorienting. Sure, you can ask why I'm taking them, but you'll have to wait for a reply...

Nappy time for Spastic (not particularly scholastic right now...). Talk to 'yall in a couple of days. Have fun. [crazy]

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2007 10:48      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting us know. [Smile] I for one would have noticed you were gone. I hope you feel better, soon.

*waits for explanation*

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2007 10:50      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
I'll be insensate for the next 48 hours: womped out on hroopy pills. Just in case anyone decided to miss me. Typing on painkillers is disorienting. Sure, you can ask why I'm taking them, but you'll have to wait for a reply...

Nappy time for Spastic (not particularly scholastic right now...). Talk to 'yall in a couple of days. Have fun. [crazy]

But some of the best posts and reply's come from when someone is inebriated.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2007 16:25      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
But some of the best posts and reply's come from when someone is inebriated.

....Or whacked out or insane or like totally groovy, man....

LOL
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 11:55      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's Steen? [Frown]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 16:49      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here... sort of. Some unexpected disruption to my normal schedule has occurred.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 17:34      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[shake head]

Thanks for checking in. [Smile]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture