homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » GC Anniversaries (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: GC Anniversaries
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2007 11:38      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
lol - I've been here a while, but I've come and gone depending on interest and who's talking [Big Grin]

I sometimes get fed up with the drama and go wander around. I tend to come back though, since the people here are the best I've dealt with (with some exceptions)

Hmmm ...
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2007 15:19      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I've been here a year already...

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted March 11, 2007 18:59      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I registered to the forums a year ago, but my first post was in January...
I'm such a lazy boy [Razz]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2007 19:41      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZOMG! I am almost at the 5 year mark myself!... It's been fun. I hope to be here a long time. So far so good. You are all invited to "macmcseboy's Run" next Sunday as "Last Day" approaches. See ya all there.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 05:23      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
It's been a fun seven years since I joined here.

I'm going to go sit in the corner and feel old now [Razz]

I remember the old forum. The one that was here before UBB! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 05:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
supaboy wrote:
I remember the old forum. The one that was here before UBB! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

I do too. I even remember (more or less) my first post. Someone had asked "who is your favorite character" and my reply was a toss up between Fawn and Simon because they both looked cuddly... of course Simon became a bit less cuddly toward the end, so Fawn it is (was).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 05:40      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been feeding trolls and pissing people off here for about 2 and a half years now.

And I still havn't learned to just back away and not read the political threads.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 06:37      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Fawn.......

Love that girl!

Funny thing is that I just found a Fawn magnet in the basement this weekend as I was rearranging my junk (aka "cleaning")

I'll re-lurk now.

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 08:30      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been here 5-1/2, and also proud to sport a 3-digit member number. ('Course, my number of posts is only 3 digits, too. Hmm-m...)

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 08:37      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 digit post and UID?

Is that bad? [Wink]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 09:11      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This month puts me at the official 2-year mark, though I lurked for a while before joining.

I've had a few life events come and go, but the only permanent effect has been my OS switch to Ubuntu. [Geek]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:33      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gratz to all LTMs (Long Time Members) [Applause]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 16:36      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I s'pose it's been a while since I've been here, too. Time has flown, especially once Bear entered my life! [hearts]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 18:55      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone got an anniversary this month? [Smile]

Be sure to post it here!

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 20:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got in a fight with an SUV one year ago on the 11th. We had a little disagreement over a patch of driveway. My day got utterly ruined, my bike got destroyed, and my face looked destroyed, but it recovered. I was never able to get the blood out of that pair of pants though, which is a shame because those were some really comfy pants. I wish I could say I walked away, but the paramedic wouldn't let me.

Or did you have a different sort of anniversary in mind?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 20:50      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and how many active of us are there still here that were here pre-2000?

< me, for one

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 21:09      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
and how many active of us are there still here that were here pre-2000?

< me, for one

Dude, your math is as weak as your driving skills. Jan 2000 is not pre-2000.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2007 02:22      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, me! April 2003!

[Cool]

Four years... Wow. Course a lot of that time was on and off here, but still.

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2007 03:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic:
Dude, your math is as weak as your driving skills. Jan 2000 is not pre-2000.

There was a pre-UBB board before Jan 2000 and the displayed sign up date is in UBB history. Some of us where here way before that.

-ct- for one, Me, for two.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 20:43      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, nobody reported any May anniversaries. How about June? Anybody out there with a June anni? [Smile]
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 00:36      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
Oh great, my very own stalker. Should I be proud, scared, or perhaps proud and scared at the same time?

Nothing says love like a restraining order, dahhhhling.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 00:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6 years in July for me, Dman and I are almost the same GC age!

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 06:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

/me did the math...meet ya in Stockholm tomorrow for a drink? =P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 07:17      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Hah, I wish.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 07:34      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Hah, I wish.
Yeah, I know...or I'd more likely say, around these parts. Hell, I'd love to invite you to dinner on Sunday, but uh...d'oh!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture