homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I feel much better now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel much better now
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 08:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just clicked a button and paid the last of my debts online. After four years, eight months and eight days of making payments on huge credit card and medical bills, I have finally managed to pay them off. I can afford to spend money on luxury items now!

Go me [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 08:20      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! It's a marvel when things get paid off, isn't it? I too am trying to pay down debts -- hopefully the new job can accelerate the process. But I understand the absolutely wonderful feeling of paying off and eliminating an oustanding debt.

I'm happy for you -- it's not a small task, nor is it something that should be taken lightly. It's a real accomplishment.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 08:29      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

Last time I had just gotten out of debt I went out and purchased a new computer, sound system tires for my car.

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 08:34      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go you! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 26, 2006 08:45      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow!
drumroll please...........

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] Magnificent Valour! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Posts: 8147 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 08:46      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! I am so happy for you! [Smile] Its sad that some people spend their entire lives paying off debt.

Its like they signed their life away to the bank.

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 09:02      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SilverBlade:
Awesome! I am so happy for you! [Smile] Its sad that some people spend their entire lives paying off debt.

Its like they signed their life away to the bank.

Thats what the bank wants you to do ...... Only a couple months left to pay on my car [Smile]

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 26, 2006 09:08      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh! Nice, isn't it?

Unfortunately for me, I bought a car when I was close to paying off the last of my study loans, so I somehow felt I was back to square one... Yet, I stand with only two major debth source: my car loan, and my mortgage, and both have some resale value, plus a nice coolness factor!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 09:39      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well done!
Posts: 766 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 10:10      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] way to go, Steen [Applause]

Getting yourself debt-free is a big achievement - I work in financial services and I know that lots of people don't have that self-discipline.

Another couple of months and then, apart from the Mortgage, we will be debt-free too. [Smile]
I bet it feels like a big pay-rise, doesn't it?? [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ro.hernandezz
Newbie Larva
Member # 5313

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted June 26, 2006 14:44      Profile for ro.hernandezz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go!!! [Applause]

I'm sure if i had just payed off all my bills i'd only have one thing in my head... what to buy next! [I'm a kind of a shop-ahollic]

--------------------
=I hate mornings... I'd like them better if they started later!=

Posts: 8 | From: Mexico DF | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 14:58      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all [Smile]

I know what the next major thing I want to buy is, but it's going to take a while to save the money to start the process of buying it and I need to learn a lot so I don't screw up. Houses aren't cheap and it'll put me in debt for another 15 to 30 years, so I'm going to enjoy the feeling of freedom while it lasts.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 11:25      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Congratulations, I hope to be digging myself out of the last of my own debt shortly as well. Must be an incredible load off of your back. [Big Grin]

cafeina
Newbie Larva
Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 06:25      Profile for cafeina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! You're an inspiration. I just mailed a student loan payment on Friday. I look forward to the day when I'm able to mail in my last payment.
Posts: 8 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture