homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Twin Towers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Twin Towers
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 20:22      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning, graphic but worth a watch. 1 hour 21 minute documentary on September 11th and related incidents.

I've watched it and all I can say is wow.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848

macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 00:29      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very insightful. It supports the theories i had as it unfolded...

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 00:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone want to provide a one paragraph summary for those of us who don't have an hour and a half to spare?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted May 28, 2006 01:20      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I watched a little more than one minute, which is where they stated "it began in 1962...."
quote:
We knew the (Sept. 11) attacks would happen.
#include sarcasm.h
If only we had put every Muslim in a boxcar and shipped them all to the middle of some desert, the Sept 11 attacks would have been prevented.

Since, "it" started in 1962, why was an attempt made during the Clinton administration (1993) to destroy the World Trade Center towers? What did Clinton cover up? Was it a test to determine the actual requirements of destroying the WTC complex? Was Clinton really acting as president, or was some secret organization in control? Was the Clinton administration just a ruse to deceive the American public into believing the secret society no longer existed?

In 1998, Clinton launched roughly 75 cruise missiles in a single day to supposedly kill Osama bin Laden, yet he was completely unharmed. What was really in the cruise missiles, and where were they really sent?

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 03:45      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ASM65816:
998, Clinton launched roughly 75 cruise missiles in a single day to supposedly kill Osama bin Laden, yet he was completely unharmed. What was really in the cruise missiles, and where were they really sent?

Perhaps after taking advice from the UN, Clinton aimed them at you to obliterate the last few working brain cells in your cranium?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 09:59      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, in 2001 we invaded Afghanistan to capture bin Laden. We didn't.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 10:20      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I watched a little more than one minute, which is where they stated "it began in 1962...."
quote:
We knew the (Sept. 11) attacks would happen.
#include sarcasm.h
If only we had put every Muslim in a boxcar and shipped them all to the middle of some desert, the Sept 11 attacks would have been prevented.

Since, "it" started in 1962, why was an attempt made during the Clinton administration (1993) to destroy the World Trade Center towers? What did Clinton cover up? Was it a test to determine the actual requirements of destroying the WTC complex? Was Clinton really acting as president, or was some secret organization in control? Was the Clinton administration just a ruse to deceive the American public into believing the secret society no longer existed?

In 1998, Clinton launched roughly 75 cruise missiles in a single day to supposedly kill Osama bin Laden, yet he was completely unharmed. What was really in the cruise missiles, and where were they really sent?

If you try to be a little less closed-minded about it and try a little harder not to pick apart the first little detail that you dont agree with we may make some progress in stepping away from the fact that your an Idiot.
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 10:43      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM65816 wrote:

25 were filled with chocolate
25 were filled with graham crackers
25 were filled with marshmallow fluff

Somewhere, they've been assembled into the single most powerful s'more that has ever existed. Once activated, everyone in a ten mile area is going to go into hyperglycemic shock. A comatose population is much easier to control, after all.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 28, 2006 20:28      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this time I got half an hour into it.... [shake head]

I still get the same message: The September 11 Attacks Were an Act of Government Conspiracy

After 1962, they move up to 1984, then 1997 ... any way you look at it, it spans multiple US presidencies.

quote:
In February 1996, Sudan offered the arrest and extradition of Osama bin Laden to the US. Clinton refused the offer. In May 1996, Sudan expelled bin Laden under political pressure from the US, and he went back to Afghanistan.
Did the Clinton administration protect Osama bin Laden in order to preserve a conspiracy that "started" in 1962?

It appears that Clinton was fully involved in the advancement of terrorism to justify acts of conspiracy.

Even though this is a conspiracy, why weren't two planes hitting the WTC towers enough to create public outrage? Let's imagine ........
quote:
Reporter: Terrorists have crashed a large commercial airliner crashed into one of the World Trade Center towers.... It's fallen and a thousand people have died.
American: Really.... That reminds me, I want to smoke a cigarette.
Reporter: You're not outraged?
American: About what?
Reporter: Oh the humanity! Terrorists have crashed another large commercial airliner into the second World Trade Center tower.... It's fallen and now 3000 people are dead, and the air is filled with smoke and debris.
American: Darn, this is going to play hell with my allergies.
Reporter: Don't you think the US should declare war on the people who did this?
American: Declare war because my sinuses are making me miserable? Can't we just sue them to cover my doctor visit, and maybe get a little extra money for emotional suffering?

But "you people" are supporting talk about a conspiracy, so naturally just destroying the WTC complex wouldn't be enough for "secret-sinister-all-powerful-cabal." Obviously, the public wouldn't be outraged.   [shake head]

If you people have really bought into this, it's sad that you haven't got the intellect to reach the conclusion that every US president is just another meaningless puppet of evil unseen forces.

If you "believe" the conspiracy, it really started before JFK even though the movie didn't mention it, JFK was merely assassinated for not being a meaningless puppet like every president before him. After JFK was dead, the conspiracy continued as if nothing ever happened.

If the presidents aren't meaningless puppets, then Clinton had the most outstanding success in deceiving Democrats and empowering Osama bin Laden to carry out terrorism without fear of punishment under international law.

Seriously, if you believe the conspiracy stories: find a hole, crawl in it, don't come out.

PS: Don't use the soap.... It has tracking pheromones in it.

quote:
May 28, 2006 10:43 (RE: 75 Cruise Missiles)

Somewhere, they've been assembled into the single most powerful s'more that has ever existed. Once activated, everyone in a ten mile area is going to go into hyperglycemic shock.

Makes sense. After the pawns have served their purpose, they must be eliminated so there are no witnesses. With such large quantities of sugar, no one would suspect that American weapons were to blame, or that "Slick Willie" was the trigger-man.     Perfect.

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2006 11:00      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you ASM for your usual clown act, but getting back to the actual thread topic, I don't buy into these elaborate paranoid conspiracy theories, and this one has too many gaping holes in it. The Power of Nightmares, (also available on Google Video) though it too has more than a whiff of conspiracy paranoia, and massively overstates its case, is a much more convincing and intelligent exploration of the issues underlying 9/11, the Orwellian "war" on terror, and the evil political ideology of the neocons. Unfortunately though, to view it you will need to set aside 3 hours to view all three parts. I do however recommend you do, it is a quite marvellous political essay with much to reflect on, whether or not you buy into its central thesis.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2006 17:14      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i say screw any theory consiperacy or not. today i got into a heated argument in my history class about america's role on the world and about religeon and all about different consipercy theories and it was just plain stupid.

i agree with steen
quote:

Somewhere, they've been assembled into the single most powerful s'more that has ever existed.

i say instead of launcing giant s'mores at bin laden. i say why waste a good s'more on him, i wouldn't mind have a ten mile long s'more in my back yard.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2006 17:43      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
i say screw any theory consiperacy or not. today i got into a heated argument in my history class about america's role on the world and about religeon and all about different consipercy theories and it was just plain stupid.

i agree with steen
quote:

Somewhere, they've been assembled into the single most powerful s'more that has ever existed.

i say instead of launcing giant s'mores at bin laden. i say why waste a good s'more on him, i wouldn't mind have a ten mile long s'more in my back yard.
Thats exactly what we need. More gluteny among Americans
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2006 21:17      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
May 29, 2006 11:00
"The Power of Nightmares" (linked):
This documentary argues that during the 20th Century politicians lost the power to inspire the masses.

Note: I'm going to argue that it was society that changed.

quote:
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
All this will not be finished in the first one hundred days. Nor will it be finished in the first one thousand days, nor in the life of this Administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin.
    -- John F. Kennedy, Inauguration Speech (1961)

“Instead of delivering dreams, politicians now promise to protect us from nightmares”
    -- The Power of Nightmares

Have you noticed how people in the US have complained about the cost of gasoline, even though much of the world pays about twice as much? Isn't this a reflection on society?

Did the masses turn on Kennedy when he asked for personal sacrifice in exchange for dreams that "might not be delivered in our lifetime"?

Consider the consequences of keeping the US price of gasoline below half of the world market rate. Hasn't this resulted in wasteful practices? Has it done more harm than good?

What should the government do when "delivering the dreams of the masses" means sacrificing the future?

I'm saying this as "look at another perspective," so I don't mean it as "that's a stupid documentary."

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2006 21:18      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BALLHAIR!
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 30, 2006 01:35      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ASM65816, May 29, 2006 21:17

Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget, May 29, 2006 21:18

BALLHAIR!

Amazing, he managed to post less than two minutes after me.

Since drunkennewfiemidget never agrees with me, I'll guess he meant:
quote:
If Americans dream of gasoline for $0.67 per gallon, the US government should give it to them.

-- and --

"The Power of Nightmares" was a stupid documentary.

... as a bonus:

CIA Photo Archives: 48 minute meeting (1994), Location: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

-

Remarks: blah, blah, blah, blah. Bin Laden had noodles with chicken curry.     [ohwell]

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 02:16      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ASM65816, May 29, 2006 21:17

Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget, May 29, 2006 21:18

BALLHAIR!

Amazing, he managed to post less than two minutes after me.

Since drunkennewfiemidget never agrees with me, I'll guess he meant:
quote:
If Americans dream of gasoline for $0.67 per gallon, the US government should give it to them.

-- and --

"The Power of Nightmares" was a stupid documentary.

... as a bonus:

CIA Photo Archives: 48 minute meeting (1994), Location: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

-

Remarks: blah, blah, blah, blah. Bin Laden had noodles with chicken curry.     [ohwell]

ASM actually quoted someone and said who it was. Is this precedent? Of course he then decided to tell everyone what DNM really meant.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 02:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sky is green !
The sky is green !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 04:09      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
ASM actually quoted someone and said who it was. Is this precedent? Of course he then decided to tell everyone what DNM really meant.

What's most humourous about it is that he implies that I actually read his drivel.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 12:01      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:

I think we need to whey the consequences of such an idea.

I'm not going to click this link, but I am wondering if this video is the oft-revised Loose Change.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 12:10      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:

I think we need to whey the consequences of such an idea.

I'm not going to click this link, but I am wondering if this video is the oft-revised Loose Change.

'tis loose change.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture