homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Weiner Dog News!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weiner Dog News!
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 10 posted January 31, 2006 03:50      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Weiner Dog is coming to live with me! The Weiner Dog is coming to live with me!

I'm pretty darned excited about that. Of course some people know I just like shouting the words "Weiner Dog," but that's not the case here. Nope she's on her way and I'm making the house weiner dog safe!

In case you are like me and just can't get enough weiner dogs in your life, here's a word from John Lovitz.

http://www.alaska.net/~davetami/in_the_woods/weinrdog.wav

I think this answers the problems posed in the Gaia thread as well.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 06:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, there're people who will suggest that people who have wiener dogs are trying to compensate for something. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 06:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Y'know, there're people who will suggest that people who have wiener dogs are trying to compensate for something. [Wink]

Which might also qualify as a case of "the tail wagging the dog".

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 7 posted February 01, 2006 09:35      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've owned about 4 wiener dogs dogs now. They're something else.

The Germans have an expression(wiener dogs being their national dog) "No family owns the Dachshund,
the Dachshund owns the family".

-

"Had the Vikings only had Wiener Dogs"

....if you've ever known a wiener dog, you'll understand the above image.

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 14:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guys who live across the alley from my mom's house have dachshunds. They're show dogs. Most of the dogs don't bark 'cause the guys took them to Maryland to have their vocal cords removed. (Or something like that. I forget exactly what they did.) The dogs are cute, but they definitely have snippy characteristics. Dachshunds were originally herding dogs; they certainly have the right temperament and enough energy to do that job!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 15:19      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousin has a dachsund. They are truly lovely dogs; we have a saying for this particular dog ('zipper', by name):

"One head tall, four heads long."

He is a snugglebug and there's no doubt about it. I'm thinking I might have to own a dachsund sometime later in life.

Of course, when it comes to overall pet coolness, I'm not sure a dachsund would out-do a guinea pig [Razz]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 18:35            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow, I can't get that The Far Side cartoon "Wiener Dog Distribution Centers" out of my mind...where they stuff the wiener dogs into cardboard mailing tubes labeled "ANY SIDE UP"... [Big Grin]

But, actually, my grandparents had a dachshund at one point; I remember her as being a nice dog, if a trifle loud at times.

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture