homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » It's Official!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: It's Official!!!!
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 18:36      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...there was this large pond in between us most of the time.... [Smile]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 18:43      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Xanthine wrote:

Wait...so you both knew you were going to get married but he never got around to actually asking permission? Men...

You mean we're supposed to ask? This explains my 1995...

Congrats Snupy! [Big Grin]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted July 26, 2005 21:08      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men need to be told things in order to do them....I have learned they do not read our minds...if we say nothing...they think everything is ok...congrats on the engagement

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 22:32      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the case of asking for a ladies hand he should know to ask... But then again, it's the new millenium and the girl can ask now... Though, I'm old fashion and hope that when and if I get there I'll be the one to ask.

Congrats Snuptress... I hope that you and Mr.SnuptressToBe have a great life together. Hope your enjoying the other bank of the pond.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 27, 2005 04:09      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone.

We are thinking of having the ceremony at the registry office in York. Anyone ever been there??

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 27, 2005 06:32      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! [Wink]
Posts: 147 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 07:09      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
We are thinking of having the ceremony at the registry office in York. Anyone ever been there??

Unfortunatly not. But I could go and scout it out for you if you want?
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 08:35      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh..how nice of you. [Smile] Thanks. They have a webcam on their site and it looks pretty nice. I'll have Mr Snupy scout it out when he gets back. He's visiting me in the states now.

I think, in general, the York area is very nice, no?

--------------------

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 10:51      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Registry, Smegistry. Go for the Minster. LOL I love the Minster and that whole area.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
satyr
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 12:39      Profile for satyr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Video Game Widow:
Congrats! That is so exciting. I love weddings.

And I totally hate them, sorry...

cheers, satyr

--------------------
Check out my personal computing-related website: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com/ if you're interested in reading my articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules and such.

Posts: 31 | From: Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 08:40      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I think, in general, the York area is very nice, no?

I'd say so, though I may be an insy-tiny-bit biased as my girlfriend lives there [Big Grin] No, seriously, its a lovely little city, and in a perfect place to travel around the UK, with hills, coast, motorways and airports all nearby.
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Will B
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4020

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 28, 2005 19:48      Profile for Will B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's excellent snupy! Congrats! Just remember, through the good AND tough times, stick by each other.

Turning toward each other during challenges makes it that much easier! Having fun together gives you plenty of pictures and stories to tell children, grandchildren, coworkers, Geek Culture members...

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 05:02      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, snup. I just went through this thread and realised I'd never actually said congrats.

So, CONGRATULATIONS SNUPY! [Razz]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture