homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » It's Official!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: It's Official!!!!
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 21, 2005 10:40      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am now "officially" engaged!!!Woo-hoo!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 21, 2005 10:54      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! You go girl! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 10:59      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] And big ol' Woo Hoo for you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 10:59      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! That is so exciting. I love weddings. And you are in luck because I am the queen of weddings. Seriously though, I recently opened a wedding t-shirt store online and I also do wedding consulting. I hope I won't offend anyone by posting a link to my online store... www.IDoWeddingWear.com
Don't worry I am not trying to get free advertising, hell for all I care you can rip off my designs if you like them and make them for yourself on your own.
It's all about the excitment of getting married! I think planning my wedding was just as fun as the actual wedding day itself. I have a plethora of wedding links, money saving tips, and planning ideas. If you need anything at all let me know, as I am stuck on medical leave from my job awaiting surgery and have absolutely nothing better to do!

--------------------
If you have a moment check out my store...

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Feedback always welcomed from a few good geeks with a keen eye!

Posts: 34 | From: Erie, PA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 11:17      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hip, hip hooray!!!!! I'm very happy for you both
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 11:45      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup] It is truly a sad day for the male population, though. [cry baby] [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 12:12      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Snupy!
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 12:24      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, snupes!!! He's a very lucky man, and Yorkshire is a very lucky place in gaining you [Big Grin] . Keep us all updated on the wedding stuff... xx
Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 12:38      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Snupy! And coming over to be with us in Yorkshire too! [thumbsup]

Are we invited then? [Razz] [Wink]

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 12:52      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Are you sure he is man enough for you?
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 21, 2005 13:36      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
[Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup] It is truly a sad day for the male population, though. [cry baby] [Big Grin]

Awww...thanks, G! You're so sweet!!!!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 13:39      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About time he made an honest woman of you! (tongue-in-cheek icon here)

Many congratulations to you and Mr Snupy
:-)

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 13:54      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Video Game Widow:
Congrats! That is so exciting. I love weddings. And you are in luck because I am the queen of weddings. Seriously though, I recently opened a wedding t-shirt store online and I also do wedding consulting. I hope I won't offend anyone by posting a link to my online store... www.IDoWeddingWear.com
Don't worry I am not trying to get free advertising, hell for all I care you can rip off my designs if you like them and make them for yourself on your own.
It's all about the excitment of getting married! I think planning my wedding was just as fun as the actual wedding day itself. I have a plethora of wedding links, money saving tips, and planning ideas. If you need anything at all let me know, as I am stuck on medical leave from my job awaiting surgery and have absolutely nothing better to do!

Hey! I'm getting married too! Maybe you can help me as well!
/end threadjack

Congrats Snupy! When's the big day?

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 14:25      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on the engagement now being "official".
/me remembers her own frustration at being un-officially engaged for months

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 14:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, snupy! May your married life together be blissful and long.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 17:56      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, snup, that's awesome. Hope it all goes according to plan [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 18:23      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you all forget I am also "jumping the broom" aka "tying the knot" at the end of the month...

All the best things I would wish myself to you too...

[thumbsup]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 19:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, snupes! Mag. valor and all that. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 20:19      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
quote:
Originally posted by Video Game Widow:

Hey! I'm getting married too! Maybe you can help me as well!
/end threadjack

Congrats Snupy! When's the big day?

Check your PMs BW! [Smile]

--------------------
If you have a moment check out my store...

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Feedback always welcomed from a few good geeks with a keen eye!

Posts: 34 | From: Erie, PA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 01:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Snoops !

So, what exactly does being 'officially engaged' entail?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 22, 2005 06:33      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay snups! Congrats [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 22, 2005 06:49      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and wishes for a joyous life together.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 07:49      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Congratulations Snoops !

An engagement ring and a tentative date for the ceremony. [Wink]

oh, and he actually asked me. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 22, 2005 13:55      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snupy! congrats on setting the hook. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 17:57      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats snupy!

quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Congratulations Snoops !

An engagement ring and a tentative date for the ceremony. [Wink]

oh, and he actually asked me. [Roll Eyes]

Wait...so you both knew you were going to get married but he never got around to actually asking permission? Men...
Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture