homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Flag Burning.. How do you feel? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Flag Burning.. How do you feel?
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 06:59      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles:
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
I dont see a, "I'm gonna kick your ass!" group. Which of the two do I fall into then?

You are in the group that is the police van going to jail for being dumb and acting outside the law.
They do have the right to burn the flag, you do not have the right to hurt anyone.
[ohwell]

I think about that and though it may seem to be a bit egotistical fo me, I would proudly go to jail for beating the shit out of a person who burned the flag that I stand for.

I would relate it to this comic:
 -

ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 10:02      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see the analogy.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 11:27      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just like the comic.
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 11:53      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are X-boxen prone to failure?

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 14:57      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
I dont see a, "I'm gonna kick your ass!" group. Which of the two do I fall into then?

I nominate myself for the "I'm gonna kick your ass!" group representative...nothing to do with flag-burning, I'm all for the stuff, but there's nothing like a damned good bar-brawl to make the day a little happier. [Razz]

Re: flag burning. I support anything that I can roast marshmallows over, or light a cigarette off of.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2005 01:44      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bull3t:

god i love this forum. i wasn't trying to start shit, or get crazy reactions out of people. i was, however trying to pose a question that people don't put alot of thought into: do we (americans) truly have the rights and freedoms given to us by our consititution?

i love some of the reactions i got, tho. jeez. but yeah.. keep em comin!

You were trying to pose a question? Shouldn't there be an actual question in that original post then? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture