homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Rednivek Makes the News!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rednivek Makes the News!
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 14 posted February 20, 2005 12:53      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rednivek is in the Detroit News today in an article about podcasts with a mention of East Detroit Radio (with photo). Link here at the Detroit News website.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2005 13:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] Cool

You're just across the river from the inlaws in Sarnia.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 20, 2005 13:31      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rock'n Red! [thumbsup]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2005 15:42      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A voice heavy with reverb intones: "Hello, this is Spiderman ... when I'm not off saving the world, I listen to East Detroit Radio ... " After a funky instrumental intro, Plesco plays a song by indie rockers Thirteen Black that you'll never hear on commercial radio."

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 20, 2005 15:58      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoo Hoo! [Cool] [thumbsup] OMG! You're totally famous! Now you can't stop, you know, that's it, you gotta keep it going, you've got fans counting on you. [Razz] Hey, any chicks stalking you yet?
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2005 16:21      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! I guess I'll have to start coming up with more creative outros [blush]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2005 16:25      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Our sound is so highly refined and it's a science. So it's a long way off before the audience, who has a trained ear, will choose Billy's iPod site to listen to over radio."
Interesting. I much prefer listening to a podcast on my way in to work in the morning.

Anyway, good article.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2005 18:11      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
Woohoo! I guess I'll have to start coming up with more creative outros [blush]

How about that tic-tac line? [Razz]

(see, and I'm even nice enough to refrain from posting the link)

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture