homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » What is up Elton Johns ......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is up Elton Johns ......
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 06:26      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No pun intended. But Taiwan now Madonna

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 06:32      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not by any means a Madonna fan, but I really like how her response sounded,

"Elton John remains on Madonna's Christmas card list whether he's nice or naughty."

And yes, I know, those are well thought out statements by the publishers, and not by Madonna herself.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 10:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Elton John is great on the piano, but he sucks on the organ.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted October 05, 2004 16:02      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Elton John is great on the piano, but he sucks on the organ.

OOOWWWW! I have seen people shot for less than this. [Roll Eyes]

For that you owe us at least one post without a pun. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 17:15      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I admit, it was a bit out of tune . But the pitch I was trying to make must have really hit a chord . I'll try to be more sharp in the future.

I hope my apology doesn't come out sounding flat. For the sake of harmony on the boards I will try to keep my posts a bit more up tempo. [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 17:28      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The staff here prefers that you measure out the puns a bit more slowly. Perhaps if you flag them we won't have to worry about accidental exposure.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 17:44      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally couldn't care less if they both went and jumped off a treble cliff.
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 18:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had as much doh as Elton, my dog Ray and me would go fah away from here.

Soh we might go live in LA, where I'd sit around all day drinking te and counting all my doh.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 18:53      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well played! [thumbsup]

<nitpick>It's spelled ti. Te is a half step lower. Same thing with mi.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 19:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Well played! [thumbsup]

Excuse me? Tea is "Te'"(with accent, IIRC) in Spanish. "Ti" is a pronoun (possesive?), or something like it, AFAICR.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 19:57      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but the solfege syllables aren't Spanish. Here is the wikipedia article about it. The syllables in bold are part of the major scale.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 20:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, fine, but I will freely admit I know squat about these music sound thingies [Razz] . I was kind of confused about what the hell TFD was saying there - I missed that one *sigh*.

dragon
!music_geek

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 20:22      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Oh, fine, but I will freely admit I know squat about these music sound thingies [Razz] . I was kind of confused about what the hell TFD was saying there - I missed that one *sigh*.

Should I surrender my masculinity and admit that I knew it due to repeat viewings of the Sound of Music? (but my wife made me!)

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 20:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Should I surrender my masculinity and admit that I knew it due to repeat viewings of the Sound of Music? (but my wife made me!)
Actually, I'm not /that/ clueless - rereading it a few times over the course of this evening due to followup posts finally got me to see the order of the posts. Yes, TFD is a punning genius, and I am but a Perl monger...oh well. I do know a thing or two about the musical notes, or their paper -> tone notation, anyway. That, of course, is the byproduct of trying to get my robot to play the Beatles' "Yesterday," and having a very good teacher to lead me through these steps [Smile] . I probably still have her very simple notes somewhere - quite to the point, and led me to get some of it really well, and some of it...well....just don't ever mention "Yesterday" to my former professor [Wink] .

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2004 22:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:

Not that there's anything wrong with that !

/me thinks 'Maria' in S.O.M. is a babe [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

I stand corrected.
Actually, I was half expecting some grammar nazi to point out that it should be 'my dog Ray and I' [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2004 00:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually: "My dog Re and I."

[Razz]

I s'pose I shouldn't even mention that there're hand signals to go along with the solfege syllables? Wouldn't want to confuse y'all now. lol

(Don't ask why I talk like a Southerner sometimes... well, not with the accent, just the vocab!)

Oh yeah, now I remember what I wanted to say. Everything works in your paragraph, Druid, except for going to "LA" which sounds like ell'-ay when referring to the metropolis and lah when singing Christmas carols.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2004 00:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do, re, mi...

Anyone remember this ?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture