homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Money CAN Buy Happiness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Money CAN Buy Happiness
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted September 23, 2004 07:28      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the No Shit Sherlock Department:

Having Money Helps With Satisfaction

Are you satisfied? I'm not. [weep]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 07:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always thought the phrase 'money can't buy you happiness' was always a load of crap.

Then again, I'm a heartless prick. [Wink]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 07:48      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - Spike Milligan
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 07:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but I'm willing to bet the 24% of "poor" people who said they were "very satisfied" are more completely satisfied then the 56% of "rich" people who said they were "very satisfied."

True happiness doens't lie in money or posessions, but it knowing that you are worth more then both.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 08:39      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Yes, but I'm willing to bet the 24% of "poor" people who said they were "very satisfied" are more completely satisfied then the 56% of "rich" people who said they were "very satisfied."

True happiness doens't lie in money or posessions, but it knowing that you are worth more then both.

"Dope can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no dope." - The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 23, 2004 09:09      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hee hee... I haven't heard that one in a long time. The Freak Brothers rule!
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 09:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Money can't buy happiness - but you can park your yacht next to it"

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 09:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freak Brothers! Man what a flash back! I haven't even thought of those guy since the 80's......I wonder what happened to all my old comics? Oh, wait, I think I used them as rolling papers.

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted September 23, 2004 19:59      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did these guys make an appearance on the X-Files?

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2004 20:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTB !!!!!

We've missed you.

btw - did you ever get around to posting that picture? [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 00:22      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] MTB Bab(y) got back! [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 00:57      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] Yay! Welcome back!
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 24, 2004 06:04      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx!!! Its good to be back!! I've been on quite an adventure. The last time I posted was the Day Before I got fired. But I've found a new job thats much cooler..now I'm back [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 06:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Thanx!!! Its good to be back!! I've been on quite an adventure. The last time I posted was the Day Before I got fired. But I've found a new job thats much cooler..now I'm back [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What?

You mean your employer gave you the arse ?

(I usually try to avoid too much EN_AU slang, but this time I couldn't resist)

--------------------

MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted September 24, 2004 06:46      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes..as UNBELIEVABLE as it sounds, they put the boot to my incredible ass.

The company fell apart after I left.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 07:02      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Yes..as UNBELIEVABLE as it sounds, they put the boot to my incredible ass.

The company fell apart after I left.

That's because they got distracted watching you walk out for the last time, and forgot to run the company [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture