homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » The waiting is over!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The waiting is over!
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted September 14, 2004 17:15      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Disney is finally releasing Gargoyles on DVD! I couldn't be happier. [Big Grin]

There has to be someone else here that was totally in love with the show. It had magic, action, sweeping storylines, a love story, and not to mention Star Trek actors. Can you believe it, a cartoon with a good script. Even "The Tick" didn't compare. This was probably the best cartoon ever made and now the first season is finally going to be on DVD. I've already pre-ordered my copy. I can't wait. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 18:51      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best cartoon ever == The Simpsons.

Period.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 18:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it be better if I said the best cancelled cartoon series? [crazy]

Seriously though, the Simpsons is awesome, but I would much rather own Gargoyles on DVD. Each Simpsons episode can stand on its own. There is some continuity, but most of the time it's just wacky hilarity for thirty minutes. Gargoyles had a story arc. It tried to be epic and I loved that. If I'm picking one to own then I choose Gargoyles. Hands down. [Cool]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 19:15      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember watching that show, and it being really cool

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 19:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vaguely recall "Gargoyles" (if there's a link above, I didn't quickly spot or visit it). Assuming I remember it reasonably well, it was a pretty cool show. I doubt I'd buy it, though. What I really want is more "Hellsing" - I have the first DVD, picked up by a friend of mine who saw it in a store, and bought it for me to reimburse him. Now I want more! (I've seen a number of them with friends, and already had enjoyed a taste of it.) I know it's not the greatest series, but I just like it. And it goes without saying that I want the Lain DVDs someday. /me needs to make a budget for Anime DVDs [Razz] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 05:08      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always dug Gargoyles. Still watch it too. Disney shows it at night. My boys and I sit and watch it just before bed time. It had a lot of dramatical themes without being real heavy or out of reach of kids. And big monsters that transform back and forth to stone is just plain cool.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 12:49      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But alas... still no Animaniacs or Freakazoid.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 15:37      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danger Mouse. by miles

"Penfold"

"yes DM?"

"Shush!"

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 15:39      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
But alas... still no Animaniacs or Freakazoid.

[Frown] *sigh* Too true. /me starts massive letter-writing campaign to Warner Brothers.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 15:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zwilnik:
Danger Mouse. by miles

"Penfold"

"yes DM?"

"Shush!"

I think I'm going to dig up the recorded tapes of those when I get home tonight! [Big Grin]

One of my faves from when I was much younger.

Off to dinner...
Oh crumbs.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 17:39      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, the quirky British cartoon. Dangermouse and Bananaman were a lot of fun.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture