homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Episode III on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Episode III on eBay
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted September 09, 2004 10:27      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you interested in George not getting paid the link is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41575&item=6322177672&rd=1&ssPageName=WD

I have sent George and his cronies an email concerning this, So if you want to see this drivel before it is shut down, click on linkace [Mad]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 13 posted September 09, 2004 11:02      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wrong, But I can't help but debate if I should hit the buy button. I won't because it's wrong. But there is always the voice in the back of my head saying DO IT! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? But I can control myself I guess. I want to see it for the first time in theaters. BTW Does anyone know when episodes III IV & V Come out on DVD. I would like to get all 6 at one some kind of special edition type thing but I'm guessing i have a long wait for that

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 12:03      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Episodes IV, V, and VI are being released on September 21 here in the US. Only the special editions are available. [Frown] But even so, I pre-ordered my widescreen version of the movies back in April. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

Edit: BTW, I clicked on the Ebay link and the auction has ended due to an "error" in the listing. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 14:41      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah right, episode III is still in post production. They just filmed more in August. If you believe Lucas has finished tweaking it already you deserve to get scammed.

The film is not due out until May 2005.

http://starwars.com/episode-iii/

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 14:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
Yeah right, episode III is still in post production.\

And according to IMDB, is scheduled to be in post production until April.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 15:11      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a sucker born every minute.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 18:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Is that referring to the ebay auction, or the special edition DVDs [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 18:40      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Is that referring to the ebay auction, or the special edition DVDs [Wink]
I'll let you decide. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 18:49      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe.

One thing I find staggering is that they still aren't releasing SW DVDs with DTS sound. When it's pretty widely acknowledged to sound superior to Dolby Digital, and it's already there in the cinema versions, this doesn't make sense whatsoever.

Then again, the Matrix movies are the same. I suspect the following business plan...

1. Release DVDs without DTS sound, fanboys and fangirls must have.
2. Release DVDs with DTS sound and even specialer special features, well worth buying again.
3. Profit!!!

Edit: For the Han vs Greedo shooting first purists among you, I submit this link I found in a slashdot comment. Very, very funny stuff.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture