homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » The mother ship is calling!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The mother ship is calling!!!
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 02, 2004 15:03      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take me home.

I'm ready to go....

http://www.newscientist.com/news/nographic.jsp?id=ns99996341

TiW

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2004 08:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It "has got stronger," huh? And maybe an "artefact"?

Keep your feet on the ground, TiW. The spelling and grammar errors lead me to doubt that author's credibility.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 03, 2004 08:44      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be a poorly translated transmission from space....

I'm still hoping.... [Smile]

TiW

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2004 08:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

Keep your feet on the ground, TiW. The spelling and grammar errors lead me to doubt that author's credibility.

Spelling and grammar 'errors'?

Rhonwyyn, you disappoint me, call yourself a grammar nazi?

The article is from New Scientist, published in the UK.

'Artifact' and that horrid word 'gotten' would both be considered errors in any self-respecting British publication.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2004 12:43      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

Um, Rhonwyyn, New Scientist is one of the most reputable popular science magazines out there. Kinda like Nature, but written for laymen. I like New Scientist and Discover (the American equivalent). Their articles are very well done and make horrendously complicated things like radio astronomy and geophysics accessible to people who aren't qualified in those fields. Sometimes I'll see something biological that got a tad over-simplified, but I can forgive that since to be accurate would require a whole textbook chapter.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture