homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Adoption

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adoption
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 13:05      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will leave in two weeks to go get my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited and sick to my stomache at the same time.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 13, 2004 13:12      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow
[Happytears] [Happytears] [Happytears]

Magnificent Valour v2.0! [thumbsup]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 13:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow indeed! Congratulations! I hope your stomach gets better. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 14:24      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 14:46      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!

Oh, and get some extra sleep. You're gonna need it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 15:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] Wonderbar! [thumbsup]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2004 02:01      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you got her first computer picked out? Congrats!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 14, 2004 10:23      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you getting her from?? I may be looking at adoption down the line, so I'm curious..

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2004 00:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
Where are you getting her from?? I may be looking at adoption down the line, so I'm curious..

<just-returned-from-day-at-zoo>
I'll do you a good price on mine....
</just-returned-from-day-at-zoo>

(congratulations Aditu, they're a lot of fun, most of the time)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2004 04:21      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! [Eek!] Thats a big undertaking, congrats Aditu. Adoption is a great thing, giving kids what is almost a second chance. Mag val indeed! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2004 19:43      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and I wish you good luck on the *long* journey of parenthood.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 07:04      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still bouncing off the clouds. I get my plane tickets in a couple weeks.

No computer for her yet. LOL. My laptop at home is on it's last legs. Need to get my brother to build me a PC.

Snupy, I am adopting from Guatemala, but would be happy to talk to you about various choices I looked at. There are a number of options out there and each has pluses and minuses.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 10:24      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been a whole flood of people here adopting from China, including friends of ours. They are very happy.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 14:13      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started with China, but for a time they were reducing the number of single parent applicants. I figured that I should try to get my baby home before I had too many more grey hairs. (Thanks for your genes dad. LOL) So I switched plans and chose Guatemala.

If I had a picture image small enough, I'd post it. She is sooooo beautiful.

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 16:20      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan to adopt when I get older, and employed.

It would be a service to the world not to pass on my genes. I dub this artifical selection. Thank you, Darwin.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 20:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:

It would be a service to the world not to pass on my genes. I dub this artifical selection. Thank you, Darwin.

Since you have yet to kill yourself and/or shoot your balls off I applaud you going the extra mile for the sake of human kind

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 20:47      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:

Since you have yet to kill yourself and/or shoot your balls off I applaud you going the extra mile for the sake of human kind
Natural selection tends to require less effort, though [Wink] :
http://www.ucomics.com/nonsequitur/2004/08/16/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2004 15:14      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am back with the most beautiful baby in Guatemala. Dora-Marie is a very happy baby... well as long as she gets her nap. Still getting the hang of the whole single mom thing. Well lets face it, still getting the hang of being a mom.
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2004 15:42      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, ooh, do you have pictures? [Big Grin] [hearts]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2004 04:46      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray!!

Congrats Aditu. Welcome to the forums Dora-Mae, cause I know that she will be on your lap.

Oh and goodbye sleep. [Wink]

You will do great.

And definitely post some pics.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2004 05:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Parenthood is a great adventure, I'm sure you'll love it (most of the time).

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2004 03:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Single parenthood will be a challenge, but you sound well and truly up to the task! Enjoy these precious times!
</post Father's Day sentimentality>

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 06, 2004 08:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am back with the most beautiful baby in Guatemala.
[Happytears] [Happytears]

Dora-Marie is a very happy baby... well as long as she gets her nap
just like me! [Big Grin]

Congrats Aditu, that is really something wonderful. [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2004 10:42      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When will she be signing up to GC?

Can we see the pictures soon. If they are too big (memory-wise) I'm sure someone here would be more than willing to sort that out for you. You obviously have your hands full at the moment.

Word of advice, they don't ever stop needing to be fed and will never truly leave home.
I'm 32 and still expect my mother to feed me when I go visit.

All the best mum (sorry, mom). [thumbsup]

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture