homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Cisco 640-607

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cisco 640-607
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 13:18      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm taking the Cisco CCNA 640-607 tomorrow (right after I pass my driver's test). Anyone have suggestions/comments (for either test? [Smile] ). Thanks [Smile]
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 14:36      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Don't be so cocky.

I thought there was no way I could fail my driving test. I was wrong. Still, it is the only test I ever cared about that I failed. (I only failed piano exams).

Having said that, good luck!

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 15:02      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like exam fever on GC. I wish I could offer some good suggestions but I'm the sort of guy who puts faith in his lucky underwear at times like these...

I'm taking Oracle 1Z0-001 on Tuesday morning, so wish me luck too folks. I have a plan that involves me being a certified DBA, as apposed to an uncertifed one, by christmas. It's the first of five but generally seen as the 'weeder' great...

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 15:11      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Seems like exam fever on GC. I wish I could offer some good suggestions but I'm the sort of guy who puts faith in his lucky underwear at times like these...

I'm taking Oracle 1Z0-001 on Tuesday morning, so wish me luck too folks. I have a plan that involves me being a certified DBA, as apposed to an uncertifed one, by christmas. It's the first of five but generally seen as the 'weeder' great...

Good luck!!!
I'll have my lucky sandals [Wink]

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 15:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay calm.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 15:25      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When they grade you on driving exams, everything has to be perfect. [Roll Eyes] Remember to look in your mirrors, come to a complete stop, use your turn signals. In other words, everything nobody does in real life. [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 17:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah...why does no one use turn signals?! That one pisses me off - it takes so little effort, and can do a lot of good. I very nearly could have hit this girl on campus the other day when she didn't signal where she was going, and I was under the impression she was going straight. She then proceeded to appear very pissed off at me. (We were both at stop signs, on the opposite side of the road, and started at about the same time, myself going straight - she was going /left/, I soon discovered, as I came to a halt. No, it wasn't _obvious_ she was going left!)

A defensive driving instructor at a course I took (largely to get a discount on insurance, I concede) provided the following answer:
"People don't use turn signals. Why? Because they don't want you to know where they're going. Obviously you're not important enough to know such details, and shouldn't be let in on their plans."

Folks, driving on public roads is a partnership - we all have to share the road, and using turn signals can make the whole process easier.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9344 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 20:05      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I share dragonman's disgust of people that refuse to use turn signals. I wonder how well-enforced turn signal laws actually are? My comment (to my passengers) is often something like, "Damn, that's a really nice car, I'm suprized it doesn't have turn signals!" To which they usually reply "huh?" [Wink]

Another thing that irks me is people that don't know how to use a damn four-way stop! It's first-come-first-serve people!! If you stop at the stop sign, and my wheels havn't stopped yet, let alone if I'm coming up to the stop sign 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6 seconds /after/ you, you *DON'T* have to wait for me to get there, stop, twiddle my thumbs, and WAVE YOU ON before you can go! [shake head]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 20:13      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe, must've been a Seattle driver MMKK. We're notoriously polite about four, five, or even six way stops. It's kind of ridiculous what kind of intersections you'll see that are controlled by stop signs.

My dad got pulled over over the improper use of a blinker, but that was just so the cop could make sure I wasn't a prostitute. I shit you not. She took one look inside the car, figured things out very quickly (I don't know why she even got suspicious) and let him off with a warning.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 01:57      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Another thing that irks me is people that don't know how to use a damn four-way stop! It's first-come-first-serve people!! If you stop at the stop sign, and my wheels havn't stopped yet, let alone if I'm coming up to the stop sign 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6 seconds /after/ you, you *DON'T* have to wait for me to get there, stop, twiddle my thumbs, and WAVE YOU ON before you can go!
And this is why roundabouts are a good thing! I really don't understand the logic of multiple stop signs. It's just... the wrong solution.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 05:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Another thing that irks me is people that don't know how to use a damn four-way stop! It's first-come-first-serve people!! If you stop at the stop sign, and my wheels havn't stopped yet, let alone if I'm coming up to the stop sign 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6 seconds /after/ you, you *DON'T* have to wait for me to get there, stop, twiddle my thumbs, and WAVE YOU ON before you can go! [shake head]

I think we've met.

I was the newly-arrived aussie tourist, still getting used to sitting on the wrong side of a car to drive, who'd stopped at a stop sign (silly me). You were the local in a pick-up truck who was shouting and waving and making gestures best left undescribed [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10700 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 07:20      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tut: you can exactly fail a road test by being an experienced driver. My daughter just did last week. She's been driving for 18 months but never got a chance to take drivers ed. She mostly failed the road test for "poor-judgement", which really means she was not explicitly over cautious.

littlefish: Agreed. Roundabouts are a wonderful thing. Oddly, my fellow US citizens don't seem to get that.

MMKK: I think part of the reason people don't know how to use stop signs is that they are now afraid the oncoming car will just run the stop. My wife has fallen into that trap and it drives me nuts. (Of course, she has gotten whacked by someone running an intersection, so maybe she's somewhat justified). I live in an area where a large percentage of the people learned to drive in other countries, and they approach the road with a sense of entitlement. Yielding to others is a sign of barganning weakness. It's what I call DWI - Driving While Iranian

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 09:52      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
Tut: you can exactly fail a road test by being an experienced driver. My daughter just did last week. She's been driving for 18 months but never got a chance to take drivers ed. She mostly failed the road test for "poor-judgement", which really means she was not explicitly over cautious.

littlefish: Agreed. Roundabouts are a wonderful thing. Oddly, my fellow US citizens don't seem to get that.

MMKK: I think part of the reason people don't know how to use stop signs is that they are now afraid the oncoming car will just run the stop. My wife has fallen into that trap and it drives me nuts. (Of course, she has gotten whacked by someone running an intersection, so maybe she's somewhat justified). I live in an area where a large percentage of the people learned to drive in other countries, and they approach the road with a sense of entitlement. Yielding to others is a sign of barganning weakness. It's what I call DWI - Driving While Iranian

Heh.
I passed the driver's test with no problem. I got one wrong on the written bit (out of 4 possible errors, 16 total questions). The driver's ed teacher said to follow a truck 4 seconds behind, but i guess 2 was the correct number.

Here's what we did for the in car bit:
1 - pull out of lot, say "wow, look at all of this utility work"
2 - back into a spot in an empty parking lot (no problem)
3 - go back a slightly longer way to the main road that we started on
4 - pull in a gas station, park in a spot head on, he goes in and gets a bottle of water and a large bag of ritz-bits (while I was waiting to take the written bit, he went over and got a large coffee and two doughnuts and dunk'n'donuts)
5 - Go back to the testing center and park head on in the spot
Total time elapsed testing: 10 minutes
Total time elapsed sitting in car at gas station: 3 minutes

Heh.

The cisco test is now rescheduled for tomorrow. Apparently the testing center closed without telling anyone. Good thing we called for dirrections. After 20 minutes on the phone with VUE, I got them to reschedule for tomorrow
Sheesh...

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 10:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? No parallel parking - you Connecticut folks get off easy - that's the only kind of parking they care about in NY. If you can't pull into a spot head in, or back in, you're a pretty sh*tty driver. I'm sure some of the driving examiners would *love* how I back into some parking spaces*, though [Wink] .

*Damn, this tablet is fun...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9344 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 11:22      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
What? No parallel parking - you Connecticut folks get off easy - that's the only kind of parking they care about in NY. If you can't pull into a spot head in, or back in, you're a pretty sh*tty driver. I'm sure some of the driving examiners would *love* how I back into some parking spaces*, though [Wink] .

*Damn, this tablet is fun...

I think it's because this inspector is paid by my driving school, not by me. I think there may be an extra doughnut for him for every student that passes, if you catch my drift.

I forgot to mention
When he was comming to the testing location (I was there before him), he was || parking, and it took him SIX tries to get in, AND he wasn't using ANY signals
heh

illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 14:26      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tut-an-Geek:
Well, I'm taking the Cisco CCNA 640-607 tomorrow (right after I pass my driver's test). Anyone have suggestions/comments (for either test? [Smile] ). Thanks [Smile]

I have a suggestion/comment. Go to www.cisco.com/go/ccna. There you will notice that the CCNA 640-607 has been out of date for almost a year and no longer awards a CCNA. You need to take the CCNA 640-801 =/

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/testing/current_exams/640-607.html

states that the 640-607 is retired. [Frown]

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 14:37      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true, unless you're a student of a Cisco Networking Academy, and enrolled in a version 2.1.4 semester 4 course that started on of after January 1, 2004 (Which I am)
Quoting an update from cisco netacad:
quote:

Eligible Academy students and instructors can receive a promotional code that will enable them to take the CCNA 640-607 exam or the BSCI 640-901, Remote Access 640-605, Switching 640-604, or Support 640-606 after these exams have retired for the general public.

Cisco has arranged for Phase 2 promotional codes to enable students and instructors currently enrolled in a CCNA 4, CCNP 1, 2, 3 or 4 class that began on or after January 1, 2004 or for students or instructors who have graduated from a CCNA 4, CCNP 1, 2, 3 or 4 course on or after January 1, 2004. The promo code is good from the date it is received by the eligible individual until July 31, 2004.

Eligible students and instructors must register on the Alumni site to receive a promotional code. Promotional codes will be e-mailed to eligible students and instructors who are registered on the Alumni Site and have opted in to receive Cisco Networking Academy Program related information from Cisco. E-mails will be sent twice monthly, beginning Friday April 2nd, until (as close to the on the 1st and the 15th of every month as possible, see below) July 31, 2004 to account for new members of the Alumni Connection or for already existing members who elect to opt in.

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2004 05:47      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Tut!

I passed my exam this morning [Smile]

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 29, 2004 14:02      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Allan! I had no doubt! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2004 17:41      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Good luck Tut!

I passed my exam this morning [Smile]

Thanks, and congrats!
And I passed mine too! :-D

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 29, 2004 19:56      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup] I always thought you were certifiable. [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture