homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Don't join the internet Chain Gang !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't join the internet Chain Gang !
eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 2 posted March 30, 2004 16:08      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good folks at WinXPnews are posting a poll today that may benefit from your feedback...afterall they are asking for it.(It's about SPAM!!!) If you have ever recieved these long spamorama's with the author urging you to remail it to everyone on your list....duh.

I would bet it's what contributes to much of the spammers repetoire of email addresses. Perhaps the spammer pro's have web spiders(robot collectors) which catelog and assimilate new email addresses? Egads trekkies...Borg bots!

Well, here is the link to go tell them what you think of the practice of chain-spam from
[email protected] [Mad] Grrrrr

Don't join the internet chain gangs

Tue, Mar 30, 2004 (Vol. 4, 13 - Issue 119)

Note: regarding the article on "Making digital pictures smaller" for those wanting faster loading photos in their web pages in this same issue.(in Windoz)

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture