homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Name my kittens! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Name my kittens!
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 28, 2004 00:56      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My little Stitches is pregnant again! Yay! More little kittens! Here's a recap of the first batch of kittens. Stitches had 4 kittens the first time around: Shnoogins, Fishsticks, Dani (Not pictured, his mama killed him) , and Slurpy. (Hhehe, slurpy) Only Shnoogins is with us now, so the house will be full of love soon. [hearts] It's funny because last April 15th is when Stitches gave birth so it's a good full year since my dad said he's getting rid of the pregnant cat and the babies. He's really intimidating. [Roll Eyes]
I'm taking names. Got any ideas?

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 01:06      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww.

I'm bad at names. Looking through the Inferno, um

Malacoda, a head demon dude
Geyron, giant snake,dog,scorpion, flying thing
Chiron, head of the centaurs
Phlegyas, boatman of styx
Minos, judge dude
Typhon, Titan, insulted jupiter

Yeah, I suck at names.
[ohwell]

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 02:10      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of my favourites are

Quaypher
Seapher

Posts: 10410 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Drazgal
Geek
Member # 984

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 03:30      Profile for Drazgal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use the all purpose cat name, Five (from Cat-5 wiring)!
Posts: 154 | From: Dundee, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 06:45      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one that gets in the most trouble should be named Astrophe. The one that sleeps the most should be called Atonic.

Seriously though, why isn't your cat fixed? It doesn't sound like anyone but you wants her to have kittens. They might be easy to give away the first 2 or 3 times, but eventually everyone you know that wanted a kitten will have one. (And probably some that didn't.)

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted February 28, 2004 10:43      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's a few choices

1- chef's special
2- #39
3- kung-pow
4- ala teriaki
5- witheggroll
6- ona stick

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted February 28, 2004 13:11      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if I had a cat I call it, well never mind, I'm out of ideas. Right now we have a Wiley, Ingin Joe (from the book), BWC (Big White Cat), Baby, and Ticle Tickle (she hates everything since she got fixed). I've also seen one named Mr. Big Head (he had a BIG head) and 'C-A-T'

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ricegirl
Mini Geek
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 13:18      Profile for Ricegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the name "Zephyr" is pretty cool, hey why dont you name your kittens after elements like "hydrogen" and "Calcium" etc [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pride can break a man right down from iron, twist him round and tatter up a soul.

Posts: 84 | From: U.K | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 13:40      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since your cat is well on its way to having its own collective, I suggest naming them in Borg fashion. If there are five kittens name them One of Five, Two of Five, etc.
Posts: 5829 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 20:21      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unicron!

Woohoo, I've got a cat named after me!

How about CowNose? Anybody remember CowNose?

And Nibbler, of course.

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 20:33      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what my cat's name is. We call her 'dumbass'. She's a senile, crabby old thing.

how about Lennin, Stalin, Kruschev, Breshnev, and Gorbichov.

Yeah, I still suck at names. [ohwell]

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 23:40      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bartholemeww"
"Mewlina"
"Purrsephone"
and "The Little Bastard that Claws my Toes in the Middle of the Night"

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 28, 2004 23:52      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool names you guys! I really like Purrsephone, and my brother is hellbent on naming one of the cats Fishsticks number 2. Assuming that it was the same cat that knocked up my stitches, (Cootie), then that can happen.
My dad would sooner take the cat for a "drive" than pay for any operation. I assume that one of these days he'll actually do it, but he knows how happy my kitties make me, so I don't think he'd do that. [Smile]
My cat's still getting fatter. I can't wait!

--Really I can't!, C.P.

--------------------

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 20:08      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allow to set, serves 6. [Wink]

--------------------

Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 22:51      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok good 'cuz that last one is taken part time by my little bast- err cute little kitten. [Wink] And you might look into getting her (and the kittens) fixed at the local humane society they tend to have the lowest prices and sometimes will do it for free since its the best solution to overpopulation.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 29, 2004 23:05      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends and I were watching this old movie called "Mr. Mom" and I got a really cute name for my kitty: Scooner. Isn't it cute? It rolls off your toungue and into your heart!

--Scooner!, C.P.

--------------------

somnabulist
Geek
Member # 2403

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 23:17      Profile for somnabulist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend's cat's name is "Dog". He named it that before "dogg" and "dawg" were slang, he did it just to be funny, which I think it is.
Posts: 109 | From: in the chair | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 23:28      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drazgal:
Use the all purpose cat name, Five (from Cat-5 wiring)!

LOL if I ever get a cat again I will name it that. But I might name it Five-E or Six-E

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 02:41      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chairman meow
Cooking fat (think spoonerisms)

My pal, who is also a catalytic chemist has a book full of cat names called cat-a-list. (isbn) 1-871667-01-1

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 05:39      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SupportGoddess:
The one that gets in the most trouble should be named Astrophe. The one that sleeps the most should be called Atonic.

OK, that's it! No more Xanth novels for you! [Wink]
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 06:12      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I was owned by a cat, his name was F.T. (short for "Furry Terrorist"). I'd like to say that cat was a d00d, but he was, in fact, a complete b*st*rd.
[evil]

Just thought I'd share that with you all...
[Smile]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 07:57      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My current feline companions are Wedge Antilles and Aurra Sing. Aurra was supposed to have been Lara Notsil (obscure Star Wars novel reference, brownie points for anyone who knows it) but the friend who I got her from didn't know I had a name picked out and named her for me. The actress who played Aurra Sing is a mutual friend of mine and the friend I got the kitten from, so it seemed a no-brainer to my friend. I previously had Wes Janson (another obscure SW novel reference) but he was sick and was put to sleep in Sept. 2001.

My mother's cat is named Fish. She asked my then 3 year old son for a name, and that's what he gave her. That's right up there with somnabulist's friend's Dog.

Go with something unique! Remember, this is a name you're going to say over and over, as in "Aurra, STOP THAT!"

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 4 posted March 01, 2004 08:06      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cat, Cat, Cat, Cat, and Psycho L'il Bastard. Because there's always one.

Oh yes, and please get your cat fixed. There are too many cats and not enough homes. For each kitten your cat has that finds a home, know that one kitten died a ghastly asphyxiation at the pound in its place -- and this isn't counting the dozen cats that have to die anyway because there are no homes for them. Often the pound can't afford the chemicals to put them to sleep, so they remove the air. Ever seen that? Maybe you ought to.

I strongly suggest when these kitties come you do the responsible thing for your cat. She'll live longer, too.

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 01, 2004 09:16      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
My mother's cat is named Fish. She asked my then 3 year old son for a name, and that's what he gave her. That's right up there with somnabulist's friend's Dog.

A cat named Fish? It's not the only one! [Big Grin]

Can I be considered a BD/graphic novel geek even if I have to pick only the best ones?
(Budget constraints)

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 11:16      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try the Cheez's scheme: the moggie closest to him is called 'cat', and the one that isn't (at that point in time), is called 'other cat'.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6514 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.