homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Geek men and feminists (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Geek men and feminists
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2007 22:33      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I was reading some rather scathing comments regarding (female) feminists by some men on another board. They specifically singled out American women, saying that feminists have poisoned the minds of young women and too many have become masculine, aggressive, loud, boorish, etc. Apparently the consensus of these men was that feminism isn't so much about equality between the sexes but more about the masculinization of women and the emasculating of men.

So, my question is, do Geek men find feminist women (largely) to be masculine and unattractive? Are there any aspects of feminism that make a woman more appealing to you, as a geek man?

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2007 23:45      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your question is too broad. There are many varieties of feminism, to the pure-of-spirit help-the-oppressed to the 'lets exterminate men.' They probably mean the latter type.

So to answer your question, yeah, the man-haters get annoying. Even if they don't openly 'hate', they tend to have lots of stock phrases that they bandy about ("damn you and your patriarchy!", etc etc). There's an interesting movement going on to reform feminism. The problem is, many modern feminists tend to unintentionally belittle women by implying that they have no control over their actions; horrible relationships are always guys faults, etc etc.

The portrayal of modern feminists of women as intrinsically better than guys is also a frustrating point. You've heard it before- "If women ruled the world, there would be no war, starvation, disease, or death". It's infuriating to hear, because it's just like preaching "the white man's" burden or whatever, equivocating that somehow one group of people is more fit to rule over all else. It's kind of hypocritical to state that you disagree with how society is structured and how it raises its members, and then imply that the group of people you are promoting are somehow intrinsically better.

The "You can't possibly understand, you're an emotionally closed off MALE!!!" is also pretty frustrating. The type of feminists we're discussing tend to dismiss men because they are supposedly less 'emotionally capable'. I don't need to say this, but that's not the case: of course we feel emotions; we are simply (on average) more capable of controlling how they affect us. We are the masters of our emotions, not the other way around; just because we don't embrace some new-age thinking on emotionally expression and crywalking doesn't mean we are emotionally 'weak' or socially retarded.

It's also saddening to for us to see ourselves as useless in the eyes of these feminists; they believe that a father is unnecessary, and men in general only exist as vestigial versions of women hailing from a bygone age when physical ability was more important than intellect. There /are/ intrinsic differences in the psyches of men and women- whether imbued by nature or nurture, I won't bother to analyze- but for the men that exist now, who are who they are, it is deeply insulting and depressing to think that the other half other half of the human population- who we, as members of western civilization are made to believe are intrinsically more important than us- believe us to be, at the best, redundant, and at the worst, obsolete.

Additionally, there are certain of these new-age feminists that believe men are incapable of true creation because they are incapable of bearing a child. (See Terminator Two for a quote). Feminists tend to think of every great accomplishment of men as phallic metaphors for our insecurity. My mom used to say "If women were in charge, there would be no telephone poles." Despite the fact this is inherently insulting (insinuating that women by their very nature are capable of doing a task better than a man who has spent his entire life working with electronics), it also implies a disdain for a truly amazing system of electrical distribution, for the stereotypically "girly" reason of "it's not very pretty". These feminists believe that if something does not have an intrinsically human (and by extension of their definition, feminine) connection, it is unworthy of respect. It goes back to the stereotypical mind-set descriptions: masculine (guys think about things and how they work), and feminine (women think about people, and what they do). Obviously, feminists will believe that the latter is the 'correct' (to what basis of comparison?) mindset, and will dismiss the accomplishments of the former. Which, ironically, are almost solely responsible for increased acceptance of society for the women's rights movements.

There are also some freudian psychology issues involved. Something about how since women are born of women, they already have an identity, whereas men must work to find theirs. Psychobabology isn't my thing, so I'll leave that for you to work out.

This is probably more than you bargained for, but it's an issue that is very important to me. Obviously, I'm not attacking true feminism for the fruits it has provided (not just for women, incidentally, but basically any oppressed group of people).

"Modern" feminism is a problem because (externally, at least), it no longer seeks equality for women, but superiority. Instead of focusing on improving the lives of women as a group, it is now focused on punishing men. This is obviously not true for all feminists or all schools of feminist thought, but it's a sad reality that the minority who support this view are the most vocal.

There are other issues that lead men to a resentment of women in general (unfair child custody laws, stigmas against male rape victims, unequal sentencing for men and women charged with the exact same crime, the implication that violence against women is somehow more wrong than violence against men, etc). However, these are not feminist-specific, and would require a further analysis of the misandronystic (and, by extension, misogynistic) elements of society.

Oh man, I need a b33r.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2007 23:48      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, upon re-reading the question, I realize that I didn't actually answer any part of it. That's why I'm posting separately here:

Are there masculine parts of feminism I find boner-killing? Certainly, but they are few and far between, and as I posted above, it's more the emphasis on the overall correctness of the feminine way of thinking over the masculine.

Are there things about feminists I find attractive? Most certainly, especially when the practitioner of such thoughts realizes that she cannot possibly understand where I come from or who/what I am. Entertaining feminist thoughts for more reasons than simply wanting to appear 'chic' shows an incredible depth of thought that I find very attractive.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 03:57      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo ________________________ Watch TV advertising and tell me if you do not see Sterotyping in ad lines and usually it is to make the Father figure look like he is behind behind the curve.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5475 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 06:19      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found (by experience) geek men like 2 types of women: ones they can rescue and ones they don't have to.

They prefer the ones they don't have to and will commit to life with them. Geeks appreciate intelligence over all other qualities, because physical aestheticism holds up for only so long.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 06:23      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I see it. If I wanted to date a guy, I would date a guy.

I like girls that like to be girls. I am in no way saying that the female gender should not have equal rights and be able to pursue her dreams what ever they might be. It's just when I go out on a date with a girl I like them to let me open the door for them and pick up the check. I know it sounds outdated. But oh well I don't care.

Feminazi's go just way to far. They think to be equal they need to be exactly like a guy. And to be honest I think it's kind of insulting to women that they would want to do this. My ex-wife hated them. And when she goes to work she is armed. She has what most people would call a mans job but she still acts like a girl.

So I would say I would in no way want to date a girl that acted like a guy. Again if I wanted to date a guy I would date a guy.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 06:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to agree with nerdwithnofriends that there are different types of feminists. Trying to pick one definition as the one 'real' type is probably impossible, too.

boo wrote:
They specifically singled out American women, saying that feminists have poisoned the minds of young women and too many have become masculine, aggressive, loud, boorish, etc.

Saying that American women are aggressive and loud is another way of saying they wish that American women were passive and quiet. I would have to point out to those men that we have historical figures ranging from Joan of Arc to Anne Bonny who prove that women can't be forced into passive, quiet roles all the time.

In addition, America has moved into a period where the majority of families cannot afford to have one parent work and the other stay at home with the children. Passive, quiet and docile are not useful qualities in the work force. A hundred years ago, however, it wasn't a stretch to say that the majority of women had never held a real job and went directly from school to marriage.

It's not feminists. It's just that times have changed and the women have changed with them. It seems that you've found a group of men who are just grumpy about not being allowed to live in the past.

my question is, do Geek men find feminist women (largely) to be masculine and unattractive? Are there any aspects of feminism that make a woman more appealing to you, as a geek man?

Feminists come in all shapes, sizes and flavors. Most are okay by me. It's the stupid ones who I find unattractive.
*pauses for a ten count to give feminists a chance to get pissed off*

The stupid ones are the ones who cannot tell the difference between having real sense of self-worth and the false sense of self-worth that comes from demeaning others (men in this case).

That said, there are traits normally attributed to feminists that I enjoy and some that I require. I think a woman should speak her mind as often as possible. She should have a life of her own which I am an enjoyable, but ultimately unnecessary, part of. She should be aggressive and demand the things which are important to her.

My answer is sort of skewed, I'm afraid, because some of the things I find attractive in a woman are things that would annoy or scare most other men.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
skinfaxi
Newbie Larva
Member # 7525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 08:23      Profile for skinfaxi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The portrayal of modern feminists of women as intrinsically better than guys is also a frustrating point. "

I see this kind of comment a lot from guys, but most feminists I know don't say (or believe) that women are intrinsically better. They say that women are human, too, and should be treated equally. Not better.

Feminists do, of course, run the human spectrum of likability and logic. Some frankly do hate and fear men, often because of mistreatment in the past. But, I don't think that is true of most women who would call themselves feminists.

I don't know why the desire to be treated equally gets interpreted as a claim to being intrinsically better. I think it would be interesting to find out.

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 09:06      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discriminating for a group is not a solution to discriminating against a group in the past.

Equal opportunity is good. Forcing diversity upon an organization that is simply not innately diverse is not (this ties in with the first).

Men and women are not exactly alike. We have different strengths and weaknesses; it is not wrong to acknowledge this fact (except as a discriminator, which leads me to...)

Standards should be functional, not gender-based.

Groupthink is bad.

Hate men and men will hate you back.

Any feminist that can figure these things out is OK with me. Only when gender is transparent to society can both genders receive fair treatment.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 09:13      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

There are also some freudian psychology issues involved. Something about how since women are born of women, they already have an identity, whereas men must work to find theirs. Psychobabology isn't my thing, so I'll leave that for you to work out.

That makes no sense, but then, it's Freud.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 09:31      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo wrote:
quote:
They specifically singled out American women, saying that feminists have poisoned the minds of young women and too many have become masculine, aggressive, loud, boorish, etc.
The woman seated next to me in my profile pic is aggressive, loud and could probably take me in a fight. The important thing for me is that she's also highly intelligent and very elegant. I don't think I've met anyone who would accuse her of the feminist masculinization scourge even though she is very feminist (and I would respest her less if she were not so).

It is possible to be feminine and assertive, graceful and intelligent, outspoken and desirable and strong. But it requires a strong ego and very healthy self-esteem. A lot of women have had their self-esteem undermined quite often by patronizing men and must often ape less-desirable behaviors to bolster their confidence. I am pleased that these less-desirable behaviors are usually a temporary issue and fade as women realize that they're genuinely worth-while people. I take issue with boorish persons, male and female. I don't think boorishness is an artifact of feminism, I believe it to be an emergent trait of the modern insistence for instant gratification.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 09:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If you really wanna piss off some feminists, run into NOW headquarters, and scream, "HEY! WHICH ONE OF YOU CUTE LITTLE CUPCAKES WANNA COME HOME WITH ME, COOK ME A NICE MEAL, AND GIVE ME A BLOW JOB?!"" -- George Carlin
Posts: 4894 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 09:55      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drunkennewfiemidget wrote:
quote:
"If you really wanna piss off some feminists, run into NOW headquarters, and scream, "HEY! WHICH ONE OF YOU CUTE LITTLE CUPCAKES WANNA COME HOME WITH ME, COOK ME A NICE MEAL, AND GIVE ME A BLOW JOB?!"" -- George Carlin
That's fine. I'm pissed off by the hypocricy, though, because if you yelled, "Hey! Who wants to come back to my place, let me cook you a nice meal, and receive great cunnilingus!" you'd clear the room. Hope you've got a big place.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 10:56      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skinfaxi:
"The portrayal of modern feminists of women as intrinsically better than guys is also a frustrating point. "

I see this kind of comment a lot from guys, but most feminists I know don't say (or believe) that women are intrinsically better. They say that women are human, too, and should be treated equally. Not better.

Feminists do, of course, run the human spectrum of likability and logic. Some frankly do hate and fear men, often because of mistreatment in the past. But, I don't think that is true of most women who would call themselves feminists.

I don't know why the desire to be treated equally gets interpreted as a claim to being intrinsically better. I think it would be interesting to find out.

I find it interesting that no matter how many time s I qualify what I'm saying, I always have to do it once more:

I was speaking specifically of new-age, man-hating feminists.

Did you just see that quote and pull it out? I believe I was referring specifically to those women who say "Well, if a WOMAN did it, it would be better". I won't re-iterate my post though, but I really really wish you would take things within the context they were provided.

--------------------

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 11:19      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both sides of the feminists good/bad debate seem to miss true equality. Everyone tries to paint their sex as a victim and the other as the agressor. Truth is, jerks come in every flavour and sex. Generalization from that leads to unfair judgement of any group of people, be they feminists, lawyers or whatever. Let's stop looking at categories and begin considering individuals.

(I'm not a lawyer, by the way- not that there's anything wrong with it!)

--------------------

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 11:22      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
Both sides of the feminists good/bad debate seem to miss true equality. Everyone tries to paint their sex as a victim and the other as the agressor. Truth is, jerks come in every flavour and sex. Generalization from that leads to unfair judgement of any group of people, be they feminists, lawyers or whatever. Let's stop looking at categories and begin considering individuals.

(I'm not a lawyer, by the way- not that there's anything wrong with it!)

You speak the truth. However, the thread was about annoying feminists, and it doesn't hurt to discuss external perceptions of a group. Maybe we can let those feminists with whom we would rather not interact know what their faults are?

But again, you are right. I would declare this thread finished and you the victor, save that I'm interested to see what other people have to say.

--------------------

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 11:31      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winning sucks if it means the end of an interesting thread...

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 11:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just some random thoughts from a geek girl who's had the tomboy label thrust upon her for some years now...

First of all, American womn do have a reputation for being very noisy and dominring. I have encountered this abroad, I'm not sure where it came from (well, I have some ideas), and I'm not sure it's really deserved, but that stereotype is real. Hasn't really prevented me from making friends though, mainly becaus I'm not loud and domineering. I'm not submissive either - I like to meet people as equals.

I'd call myself a feminist. I believe in gender equality. Some of you are going to break out the old chestnut about men and women being differnt, blah blah blah, but I firmly believe that both men and women deserve the same oppurtunities. Make or break, everyone should at least get a fair shot at proving themselves. Thrusting men down DOES NOT achieve this.

Also, we've got this weird dynamic in th US right now. Women did their liberation thing back in the 70's (I'm grateful for that - it's made my gender less of a liability in science) and now we more or less run around doing what we want. Men, OTOH, sem to be stuck in their old gender role, and thus there is tension. So I think men need to liberate themselves. Burn their jockstraps. Reserve the right to stay home if they wish. Invade tradtional female fields, such as teaching and nursing. And so on. It'll be rough at first, but hey, it wasn't easy for us girls either.

I have, in the past, indulged in male-bashing. I do it in th present, when I'm not paying attntion, but really, I think that's wrong and counter-productive. That said, if you're a girl, and you're into somthing that is considered masculine (ie, science, martial arts, mountaineering...most of what I do really), you do encounter sexism and you do, at times, have to square off and stand up for yourself and your right to be there. It can be especially hard in martial arts and outdoor stuff, becuase people assume you're in it because your boyfriend draggd you in or you're looking for a boyfriend or some other nonsense. Or they think you're a lesbian. In my case, none of these assumptions even approaches correct. Progress still needs to be made on the whole equality thing. But, like I said, being obnoxiously cruel isn't going to help. Being obnoxiously yourself, inspite of what the boys and other girls might think , is a start

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7667 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 11:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Saying that American women are aggressive and loud is another way of saying they wish that American women were passive and quiet.

Pease don't confuse aggression and assertiveness.

A friend of mine is a lawyer, mother of 3, and a senior executive in a "household name" corporation. She's strong, successfull, a workaholic, and while you could fairly describe her as 'loud' (she loves to talk) I wouldn't describe her as aggressive. She's fair, reasonable, and willing to compromise to produce win/win outcomes.

In my book, 'assertive' means "I'm here to get what I want, I'll do whatever is reasonable and fair to get it, and I don't let anyone push me around" - I've got a lot of respect for these people.

'Aggressive' is "I'm here to get what I want, and I don't care what I have to do to you to get it" - these people are basically sociopaths.

btw - Some years ago, I was at a party and got talking to a guy who runs "assertiveness training" courses. Contrary to popular belief, the majority of people who do these courses are not meek, mild little dweebs who need to be taught how to stand up for themselves, they're overly aggressive middle-managers who've been forced to attend by their employers who want them to learn how to "get things done" without crushing everyone and everything in your path.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10460 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 13:23      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. As always, a lot of interesting and thoughtful responses. I think I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else cares to respond before I put in my .02 cents. [Smile]
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 13:28      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, just so everyone knows, I'm actually a sexist pig who thinks all feminists, everywhere, are wrong-headed emasculators. I was just putting on a show in earlier posts- trying to lure unsuspecting geek women back to my place with the 'sensitive spastic' routine. As I've had limited success, I'm going to revert to my belching, butt-grabbing, womanising, hyper-masculine self. (Hey, who wants to see me make a muscle?)

Um... maybe sensitive spastic sounds kind of naughty...

(Edited for an embarassing spelling error- non-embarassing spelling errors may remain.)

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 14:12      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Famous Druid wrote:
Pease don't confuse aggression and assertiveness.

I know difference quite well. I've been shot at and stabbed by dates before. That's why I said that some of the things I find attractive in a woman are things that would annoy or scare most other men. I like aggressive women (although I do prefer that they fall short of being truly sociopathic).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 14:21      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

I like aggressive women (although I do prefer they leave their weapons at home, at least for the first date.)

[Eek!]
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 8 posted March 09, 2007 14:28      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
I'm going to revert to my belching, butt-grabbing, womanising, hyper-masculine self. (Hey, who wants to see me make a muscle?)

Sorry, got stuck on the butt-grabbing. It's sad to think that the hyphenated word "butt-grabbing" completely derailed me.

Okay, by personal experience, ladies, this is how it goes:

The emo ones who look like what you think you want know precisely what they are doing: They're trying to get laid. They don't want to rescue you or show you any more respect than is needed to get into your pants. The decent men? Got burned by women trying to get to the jerks.

Therefore any women who complain that there are no good men out there? Are the reason the good ones aren't really looking any more. Why should a nice man go through the heartache when all most women want to be treated like a flesh blow-up doll?

There, I said it. I find the complaint that there are "no good men" out there the biggest crock of dookie that women sell themselves (and good men), and the bad men are just ready to spoon-feed that crap riiiiiight back at these women.

That said, any geek guy looking for traditionally "hot" women deserves to be left impoverished and in the dust as a woman like that will leave him. If a geek guy is too stupid to think for himself regarding what a lifelong partner looks/acts/feels like, then he should be alone, just like a whiner feminist.

/claws

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2007 14:35      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's sad to think that the hyphenated word "butt-grabbing" completely derailed me.
Did I mis-hyphenate? Hyphenating can be tricky because it's one of the most actively evolving areas of the English language. Electronic mail => E-mail => Email. That sort of thing can happen over the course of a year. Sometimes it's hard to keep up... Gee, hope I didn't offend anyone with my punctuation there...

Still, just so you know, I'm making a muscle right now!

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.