homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » How to forget someone? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How to forget someone?
niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2006 22:57      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I've been friends of this guy for a while now, he was a classmate in one of my programming courses and don't even know how we started talking and everything, he caught my attention immediately, he's exactly the way I like guys, he's a bit shy, has the cutest laugh, he's super smart and geeky it's cute ^.^ Anyways, he was very nice with me from the start, he even walked me home one time I had no ride and pretended to go walking alone at 10pm =P
When school was over, we started chatting on MSN, I even invited him to some friends' IRC channel, later he introduced me to his friends, I'm a friend of them now, we talk every day, it's very nice.
School began now, we took three courses together (for the record, he asked me which courses I had taken and he took the same ones), his company is great, I love the way he giggles when I say a silly thing and the way he stares at me, like if he could see through me or something, it's a strange thing...
So the thing is, it seems he has a girlfriend, haven't asked him directly, a friend of his keeps bringing her up when we talk, this saturday I might meet her, we're all going out and watch a movie or something... Since the moment I first heard he had a girlfriend I wanted to stop liking him, but he's just too damn sweet with me, last night he let me stay at his place until the rain had passed and I could go home...
The hardest thing is that we have three courses together, so I see him every day... I don't know, at this moment I just want that girl to disappear ;_; Any help please?

--------------------
Uno no está listo para vivir si no está listo para morir.
_,_,·~

Posts: 47 | From: Honduras | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2006 01:19      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First ask him directly if he has a girlfriend. Then just do the right thing. You wouldnt want another girl to come along while you were the girlfriend would you? Besides if he does have a girlfriend why would you be so interested in someone who has already proven himself untrustworthy. Not to mention the stalker-like and childish behaviour.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2006 05:51      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, that's what I keep telling to myself, I really hate cheaters, it's not like we've done anything, we've been just friends, we fit so well from the first moment, it was very easy to have confidence in each other... He's a _really_ shy person and I hadn't had many friends here (I've been living here for almost a year and a half now) so it was something not very common to get along that easily...
How can I just ask him that? "Hey do you have a girlfriend?" sounds too direct for me =P

--------------------
_,_,·~

Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2006 07:09      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy is probably one of those who keep a girl around but always have an eye out "shopping for a better deal" so to speak. My advice? Well I dunno. I normally do not approve of this "shop for a better deal" thing when it comes to boyfriends and girlfriends, but hey I'm not in a position to preach right now since I am going after a girl who has a boyfriend, too!

My advice? Don't try to forget him (gonna be hella hard considering you share 3 courses together) and make him forget the other girl instead! Now take note I can only maket his advice because I am doing the same thing right now. Me bad, bad!!! I'd hate to be branded a hypocrite. But the truth is you just cannot control your feelings. I know in my head taht what I am doing is not a nice thing, and what I am telling you to do is not nice either, but that's how you feel. No sense stifling yourself.

And as far as I'm concerned, this guy has his eye out for you as well. I don't know if he wants you for a one-nighter or what not, but he obviously is interested. The wisdom of this course is suspect; as it will probably bite you back in the butt later on (if you do get him, what's to say the guy won't pull the same switcheroo later on when another girl strikes his fancy? Or he might just want a one-nighter) but sometimes when your feelings tell you to do something, you just have to do it against all reason, right?

Now the harder path for you to take, and probably the wiser one, is to just keep on with how you are right now, and be all friendly with him BUT refuse all romantic advances. Make it clear that he has his girl, and you don't want any part of it. Then wait a couple of years or so until he breaks up and is single, then make your move.

I think that you should ask the "Do you have a girlfriend" thing ONLY if he tries any moves on you. If he does have one and admits it, then stop him in his tracks as your better judgement will allow. If he has one and doesn't admit it, well go along but then if you find he has one later then you know him for the jerk he is, and that should get rid of any attraction you have for him. If he doesn't have one and he says he doesn't have one, then great! You're in luck.

Posts: 118 | From: Manila | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2006 10:35      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
niniel -

You must ask him directly if he has a girlfriend.
If he says "no" then you say "Do you want one?" [Big Grin] [Wink]

And if he says "yes" - then maybe you need to talk to him about how he sees your friendship developing.
If he tells you that he wants to be with you, then you should let him know that he has to deal with his existing relationship honourably before you can get together. If he tells you that he is happy with the other girl, then you need to agree some boundaries for your friendship.

Good Luck, and I hope things work out without anyone getting too hurt.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2006 19:06      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by niniel:
How to forget someone?

Sub-orbital lobotomy.
niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2006 22:10      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting for this Saturday to find out if the girlfriend thing is true or not, perhaps (more like, what I hope) the girl who told me he had a gf was just messing with me... If no "girlfriend" appears, I guess I'll be forced to ask him, although yea, I do feel a lot how mochan feels, that's what has been keeping me around him in the first place =X
My biggest concern is I'm a SSB (loved that term =D), therefore I could be just mixing feelings and don't know what else x(

--------------------
_,_,·~

dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 03:29      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I discovered recently that my girlfriend of 3 years has been cheating on me with my supposed best friend, found out from his brother. Worse thing was, I've been turning to him for consolation and he was with her. I loved her but have decided to let go and get on with my life. Started a new hobby and have decided to join a Mac user group to make some new friends. Just concentrate on the positive points in life and ignore those who hurt you. Karma will get them eventually, life will improve and everyone has someone out there. Just go with your feelings and you'll do fine.

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 07:14      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having had a friend who wanted to make a girl dissapear so she could date a guy I understand the situation. If a GF shows up saturday, TRY to become friends with her. It may sound stupid but you will get rid of the feeling of envy. Also you will get to know the guy your after more. Then when the relationship runs its course you will be stronger for it.

Do not forget the guy but look to strengthen the relationship.

I'll try to post more later as right now I'm between Classes. [thumbsup]

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 09:06      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  • Become good friends with her
  • Abuse new position as friend to both of them and contaminate their relationship
  • ???
  • Profit!!!

Hey, it worked for me.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 10:14      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Want to forget someone? Forget about all their good qualities and only think about the bad things, that'll get the person out of your mind in no time.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 14:55      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Always worked for me....

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 16:06      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
 -

Pah, if you're going to drink your sorrows away, do it with some class:
 -

Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 17:00      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, now we got two skeletons drinking alcohol, who knows where all that goes, I don't see any stomaches in them avatars!
Posts: 118 | From: Manila | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 02:50      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, thanks for all your advices [Big Grin] Those last two sure will work [Wink]

quote:
Want to forget someone? Forget about all their good qualities and only think about the bad things, that'll get the person out of your mind in no time.
Well, I've tried to do that, but it's hard to see only the bad things when all the good stuff are so obvious ;P

quote:
* Become good friends with her
* Abuse new position as friend to both of them and contaminate their relationship
* ???
* Profit!!!

Heh, I'd do that if I wasn't too scared of that happening back to me ;o I rather just hope the girl cheats on him or something [Razz] Although I must agree with you and the real stealth about being friends with her, I'm very intrigued on what does he see in her, what makes her better, dunno... Can't wait for saturday to come =P
I'd write more, but at this moment my brain is a bit off, it's almost 5am and I just came back from work :S

--------------------
_,_,·~

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 08:52      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
Pah, if you're going to drink your sorrows away, do it with some class:

But Demos, If you have to drink your sorrows away. Class is the last thing you are thinking about.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 15:51      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To forget someone, you have to talk with the guy about getting friends (ONLY, and I gonna make it bold, ONLY if you know FOR SURE he hasn't a girlfriend, and you are willing to risk your honour and friendship. - To know he hasn't you have 2 ways: 1. Asking directly. - forgetable.
2. Ask him to be your boyfriend. - make him feel uncomfortable.

The second option will risk your friendship and the 1st one is forgetable = whice means he'll forget after a while... there are some reason that the 2nd option will risk your relationship:
1.You might know he has a secret girlfriend.
2.It can make him think you don't trust him.

If he hasn't a girlfriend and he doesn't want to be your boyfriend he will say "No", you will hate him for few days (It took me couple of weeks to forget my previous GF!!!)and right after it everyting will set up normal.

If he will say "Yes", and he has no GF, you got your wish and "they were happy and till this day...".
But, if he has a secret GF, you will (probably) never talk with him again and you might fall in love again....And when that happends, just send me a mail!

Umm Saturday is very close whice means you have some time to think about my suggestions.

(1.What's SSB?)
(2.Will you tell me what happend in the party?)
(3.I hope you will listen to my "words of wisdom", by the way, when I read it again, I couldn't believe I wrote it all on my own ;-)!)

Posts: 70 | From: Lyon. France | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 16:13            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SSB is single sideband. Or single since birth.
IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 16:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that it's usually much easier to forget someone if you bury them in a distant bit of the woods with no place marker rather than in the garden under the tomato plants.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 16:34      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.

niniel I hope you read or will read my reply, (I can assure you it will make you see your options clearly!!! [Wink] )

Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 16:35      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I sent my message 2 seconds after you!
isn't it incrdible?

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 17:49      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe nobody has trotted out the GC standard.

Show up naked, with beer.

In this case anywhere. Perhaps at the house of an old flame or
even in a conspicuous public place. All the noise and action caused
by this along with the police and lawyers involved will make a
person forget anyone else very quickly.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:20      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe anyone can be so rude... [shake head]
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:36            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rude? Who, HalfVast? It was a joke :) (And nothing about it seems rude to me)
IP: Logged
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:43      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:

Show up naked, with beer.

Well, I do not know niniel, but showing up naked with beer doesn't seem to be her solution.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture