homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » male hunting- a growing sport or test of survival?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: male hunting- a growing sport or test of survival?
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 07:16      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has now become a quest to find anything resembling a decent male, its now not a social event but a hunt... or thats how i treat it anyway. you spot your male, you plan to catch your male, you corner and then... RRAAA you go in for the kill (well not exactly the kill, but you get what i mean.) how do you see it, is it male hunting or do you call it something else? [evil]

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 07:31      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? I'm being hunted?... *looks around nervously*

My low charisma score must prevent me from getting backed in a corner...and err "killed".

I knew it had to be good for something. [Smile]

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 11:15      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 13:23      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:
you spot your male, you plan to catch your male, you corner and then... RRAAA you go in for the kill (well not exactly the kill, but you get what i mean.) how do you see it, is it male hunting or do you call it something else?

Honestly, that's the creepiest metaphor I've heard on the subject...ever.

I like to meet people without going out of my way to do so, make friends with them, and see if we get along...then consider making a move after I've properly sussed out what I want. I might be something of a predator on the boards, but guy-hunting's not my thing. They can come to me. [Roll Eyes]

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 02:17      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure Cheryl is more subtle than that. The art is to get him to think he is pursuing you, while the reverse is actually true.

I don't really know why this is so, but most men, even those with no macho pretensions at all, feel more than slightly uncomfortable if they know they are being overtly pursued. We still like the notion that we make the first move, even though of course you are highly unlikely to make that move unless the girl has first signalled that your attentions would not be unwelcome. The film "Fatal Attraction" taps into the deep and quite primitive feelings of unease that we have about openly sexually assertive women. Even the description we use, "predatory" is an very emotionally loaded term. But why does it feel uncomfortable if you see a woman you barely know undressing you with her eyes, rather than just being flattering?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 04:37      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I don't really know why this is so, but most men, even those with no macho pretensions at all, feel more than slightly uncomfortable if they know they are being overtly pursued. We still like the notion that we make the first move, even though of course you are highly unlikely to make that move unless the girl has first signalled that your attentions would not be unwelcome.

Hmm, I must be completely abnormal then, I much prefer the girl to make the first move. Despite getting better at making moves myself..

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moldy_bread
Newbie Larva
Member # 4732

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2005 04:14      Profile for Moldy_bread     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA this is funny!

ive noticed over the years that the ladies are WAY more horny then normal , being im a big guy at 6'2 Strong build im noticeing it even more !

work it ladies work it [Applause]

--------------------
Living, I despise what melancholy fate
has brought us wretches in these evil years.
Long before my birth time smiled and may again,
for once there was, and yet will be, more joyful days.
But in this middle age time's dregs
sweep around us, and we beneath a heavy
load of vice. Genius, virtue, glory now
have gone, leaving chance and sloth to rule.
Shameful vision this! We must awake or die!

Posts: 9 | From: B.C | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2005 04:37      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moldy_bread:
ive noticed over the years that the ladies are WAY more horny then normal , being im a big guy at 6'2 Strong build im noticeing it even more !

work it ladies work it

I think you clicked the wrong link; if you're looking to talk about how you're such a "ladies' man," I think you'd do well to check out Craigslist.

'Cause, well, I'm not sure if you noticed, but...this is the Geekculture forums. We're full of women who care more about your ability to spell "noticing" and form a complete sentence than your "strong build." [Roll Eyes]

Moldy_bread
Newbie Larva
Member # 4732

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2005 06:02      Profile for Moldy_bread     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha [Applause]

--------------------
Living, I despise what melancholy fate
has brought us wretches in these evil years.
Long before my birth time smiled and may again,
for once there was, and yet will be, more joyful days.
But in this middle age time's dregs
sweep around us, and we beneath a heavy
load of vice. Genius, virtue, glory now
have gone, leaving chance and sloth to rule.
Shameful vision this! We must awake or die!

Posts: 9 | From: B.C | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture