homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Men of GC Calendar (Page 90)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 101 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  99  100  101 

Author Topic: Men of GC Calendar
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2007 08:01      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smart plan there, TFD!
Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 00:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just trying to Maximize our chances of getting beyond page 99.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 02:28      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shoeld we really be going in this direction, most probabbly won't get the references.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 08:30      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cone't we just try it for a while longer?
Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 14:31      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:

GG, that's the second-worst pun I ever saw.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 16:14      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:

GG, that's the second-worst pun I ever saw.
If 99 had said that I would have to silencer.

PS: What was the worst?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 09:48      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I've seen wurst puns on hot dogs.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 10:02      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I can't knock that.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 13:34      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be a real brat that tried to to stall this punfest.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 13:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... spys, sausages, I don't quite see the link guys.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 14:27      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD....neither are quite what they seem.... [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 17:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never sausage a collection of bad puns.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 08:57      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I never sausage a collection of bad puns.

Just when I was thinking we deserved a pattie on the back for our efforts...

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 13:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of sausages...

I used to work in East London, and one day I encountered a 'delicacy' that looked a little like a sausage, but was actually the infamous 'jellied eel'. *shudder*

A workmate, from an 'old East London family' filled me in on the history of this time-honoured East London tradition.

It dates back to medieval times, when London was troubled by a water dragon that lived in the Thames. It would emerge from the water at night, roaming the streets and devouring helpless east-enders. The Tower of London was built as a defence against the ravenous beast, but to no avail, for the great wyrm could slither up and over the walls with ease.

Then along came a Hero, tradition has it that he was Saint George himself, although history tells us George lived and died centuries earlier. There ensued a great battle, and the beast was slain. The dragon was butchered, minced, and made into sausages to be served to the people at the celebratory feast.

This event was alluded to by Dickens (himself an East-Ender) in that classic line...

It was the beast of Thames, it was the wurst of Thames.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 14:08      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, Druid, old lad. I bet Dickens himself would have gotten a banger out of that one.

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 16:28      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's some mashterful punning Druid and GG.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 15:22      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AJ - What I find amazing is that, even with all the switching around, this thread doesn't just spudder and die.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 04:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice of you to chip in AJ, we need all the puns we can get.

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 08:32      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I know I haven't been around much lately. I've been busy learning how to play the tuber.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 08:18      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Well I know I haven't been around much lately. I've been busy learning how to play the tuber.

Sweet!
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 09:55      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy yam I amazed at the spurt of activity in this thread! It's like the pedal is mashed to the floor!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 11:19      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems it has gotten a few of us off the couch.
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 09:36      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as long as we keep our collective futon the gas we'll hit our 100 page goal in no time.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 10:24      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sofa, so good.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 14:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These furniture puns are deskpicable.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 101 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  99  100  101 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture