homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Men of GC Calendar (Page 86)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 101 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  99  100  101 

Author Topic: Men of GC Calendar
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2007 17:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:
PS What promise did TFD make?

I was wondering that.
I wouldn't take anything GG says as gospel, the story about a promise is probably apocryphal.

(anyway - promises made to women don't count [evil] )

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 08:02      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:
PS What promise did TFD make?

The two of you have a date to meet on page 100.

Esther another question?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 09:34      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is becoming a punfest of Biblical proportions. So, what page, exactly, was the Genesis of this whole thing?

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 17, 2007 12:33      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've made some deep research and I found the first pun dated from the page 3 AC
Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 13:50      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
This is becoming a punfest of Biblical proportions. So, what page, exactly, was the Genesis of this whole thing?

Tobit or not Tobit? THAT is the question.

--------------------

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 16:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
86 pages of puns and other nonsense.
Methinks we've made much ado about nothing.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 05:42      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does seem a bit of toil and trouble, doesn't it?

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 08:20      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread conquers puns like Julius Caesar conquered Gaul.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 10:59      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
This thread conquers puns like Julius Caesar conquered Gaul.

As I recall, he left a few of the smaller Hamlets alone during his campaign there.
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 11:21      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, it's good to see this punfest is a damn spot more active than that silly word association thread lately.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 18:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some years ago, when I was in Bolivia, I got a very bad dose of 'travellers trots', and was taken to Mercy Hospital, the only English-speaking hospital in La Paz. Turns out this hospital was founded back in the 1960s by a group of Australian nuns, and they'd gone to a lot of effort to give the place an aussie feel, there were pictures of Australia in every room, and they even had a little grove of eucalyptus trees in the grounds.

Anyway, it being Bolivia, actual prescription drugs were in short supply, so for upset tummies they preferred to just brew up some of their special tea, which I was assured would do the trick. The nun opened a big old Arnotts biscuit tin with a picture of a koala on the lid, (I haven't seen these tins in oz for 30 years) grabbed a handful of the special coca-and-eucalyptus tea, tossed it into an old tin mug full of boiling water, and handed it to me. I nearly choked on the leaves, so I asked if she could strain it.

She fixed me with one of those withering looks that only nuns can do, and said "The koala tea of Mercy is not strained".

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 18:45      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it's just a Midsummer Night's Dream, but it seems like I've heard that yarn before.

Maybe it was here (GC link). [Wink]

--------------------
Ugh!

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 20:43      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egads! Found out retelling a story on GC! [shake head]

We shall certainly be entitled to demand our pound of flesh.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 20:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good people, think not of my repetition as a crime deserving pun-ishment, think instead that the wheel is come full circle.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 07:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since you put it like that, okay...

I'm hoping folks don't get Bard with our current topic too soon.

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 10:06      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure this topic will be upstaged by another before that happens.

--------------------
Ugh!

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 11:53      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I don't think it will be upstaged, it's gonna stay in the limelight for a while yet.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 12:37      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no more light please, Grummy, I am too much in the sun.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 14:22      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose, with that huge big rifle thing in your grip, you won't be letting anyone do the "frailty, thy name is woman" quote??? [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 20:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a while I thought I understood what's going on in this thread, but lately... it's all geek to me.

--------------------

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 06:13      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, for my own part, it was greek to me, too.

hmm... now I want a salad.
(6/21/07, 0633: 24 hours later, and I killed the thread? whats wrong, you can't think of anymore shakespeare? shame.)

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 03:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
(6/21/07, 0633: 24 hours later, and I killed the thread? whats wrong, you can't think of anymore shakespeare? shame.)

This thread isn't dead, it merely sleeps, perchance to dream...

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 15:03      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally posted by business attire:
...24 hours later, and I killed the thread? whats wrong, you can't think of anymore shakespeare? shame.)

How poor are they that have not patience.....Thou know'st we work by wit, and not by witchcraft; And wit depends on dilatory time. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------

Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 22:22      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
originally posted by business attire:
...24 hours later, and I killed the thread? whats wrong, you can't think of anymore shakespeare? shame.)

How poor are they that have not patience.....Thou know'st we work by wit, and not by witchcraft; And wit depends on dilatory time. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
Melancholy men of all others are most witty.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2007 06:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh we're really scraping the Bottom of the barrel now.
I might just get the Puck out of here and entertain myself Oberon /. for a while.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 101 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  99  100  101 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture