homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » a possible geek???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a possible geek???
Ally
Geek Larva
Member # 3131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 21:06      Profile for Ally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just moved to virginia about a month ago from california and am now going to a community college and have had no luck meeting geeky guys. as luck would have it i found a guy who could hold geek-like quialities on the last day of my history class, but we have the next level history class together next semester. however, i don't know if he likes me. i started talking about movies (being obsessive like i am) and my friend jen said she hadn't seen star wars 4,5, or 6 and i just freaked out on her and he looked up from his desk and was all "what's going on?" And i just said "She's never seen star wars 4,5,or 6" and he just went "GASP evil!" and the two of us just started talking about every movie from indiana jones to sean connery to matrix. he then said i had excellent taste in movies, and that i could introduce james dean movies to him next semester if i liked. (I was horrified that he hadn't seen any of his 3 films lol) so yeah i'll be working on that next semester. anyone got any suggestions or anything about the situation? does it seem like there's anything there or me just being too hopeful? lol.
Posts: 24 | From: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 23:14      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ally:
i just moved to virginia about a month ago from california and am now going to a community college and have had no luck meeting geeky guys. as luck would have it i found a guy who could hold geek-like quialities on the last day of my history class, but we have the next level history class together next semester. however, i don't know if he likes me. i started talking about movies (being obsessive like i am) and my friend jen said she hadn't seen star wars 4,5, or 6 and i just freaked out on her and he looked up from his desk and was all "what's going on?" And i just said "She's never seen star wars 4,5,or 6" and he just went "GASP evil!" and the two of us just started talking about every movie from indiana jones to sean connery to matrix. he then said i had excellent taste in movies, and that i could introduce james dean movies to him next semester if i liked. (I was horrified that he hadn't seen any of his 3 films lol) so yeah i'll be working on that next semester. anyone got any suggestions .....

Using the 'shift key' once in a while is a good idea.

Seriously, sounds like your doing just fine. If he is talking, he is interested.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 06:24      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ally, Vic is right. The post was very hard to decipher.

If he is talking to you it is good. And it sounds like he could pass for a movie geek. As for, "how far could it go?" Who knows, just enjoy the trip.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 08:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vic!!!!!!!!
Seriously, sounds like your doing just fine.

Funny gag, when used in pointless threads, but please, get it together...

This message brought to you by the Society of Grammar Pedants.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9344 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ally
Geek Larva
Member # 3131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 10:04      Profile for Ally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah sorry about not shifting, it was around 12:30am when i posted that so i was kinda tired but couldn't sleep for some reason. i'll do that next time [Wink]
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 10:14      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err... you did it again.... you're going to have to get that fixed.

OH WELL, ATLEAST SHE DOESN'T HAVE CPS(COBOL PROGRAMMER SYNDROME)!!!1!!one!eleven!1!!eleventyone!!!!!!!!!uno!!!!!!!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 10:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ally, he certainly sounds interested to me. At the very least he'd like to be friends with you, which can be cool too. Here's M2K2's advice...

Don't stress over it

Don't over-think it

Just go where the current takes you, unless it's taking you somewhere you don't want to go

Stop worrying about weather he "likes you" or not, just get to know him and if it's meant to be, it'll happen!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 12:19      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Vic!!!!!!!!
Seriously, sounds like your doing just fine.

Funny gag, when used in pointless threads, but please, get it together...

This message brought to you by the Society of Grammar Pedants.

I've done it so many times in jest, I do it for real now. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Mind you, I had a few pints with some friends before that post [crazy]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 11 posted December 11, 2004 12:37      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Ally, he certainly sounds interested to me. At the very least he'd like to be friends with you, which can be cool too. Here's M2K2's advice...

Don't stress over it

Don't over-think it

Just go where the current takes you, unless it's taking you somewhere you don't want to go

Stop worrying about weather he "likes you" or not, just get to know him and if it's meant to be, it'll happen!

M2K2, eh?

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Ally
Geek Larva
Member # 3131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 13:52      Profile for Ally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no worries, im not stressing over it

it was just a post about my thoughts on it

and yes being friends with the guy would be awesome too [Big Grin]

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 17:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just an FYI I get picked on all the time for how I spell.

Reely I dont no wat som peple r taking abot wen they say I cant spel

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 17:51      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You reely do need to reed sum Molesworth

The prunes are revolting and sum boy hav stole the skool sosages

Matron hav run awa and the Hed is out for blud. Cave!

Speling is all chiz anywa..

The Gorila of 3B nown as Molesworth...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 18:16      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
quote:
Here's M2K2's advice...

M2K2, eh?
I was thinking that too. We all know what M2K2 means....

(Insert Cosmic Bong joke here)

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 22:10      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to be honest, I wasn't M2K2 when I wrote it, but I was in an M2K2-like mood... [crazy]

(and now the people that don't get the joke think I have multiple personalities.. like csk)

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
zushiba
Newbie Larva
Member # 2731

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 01:08      Profile for zushiba   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<sarcasm>Must be hard to look for a geek guy</sarcasm>
I sure wish one or two of the girls at MY college were looking for a geek [Frown]

--------------------
I do no believe in Mathmatics.

Posts: 9 | From: California | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 09:47      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, to be honest, I wasn't M2K2 when I wrote it, but I was in an M2K2-like mood... [crazy]

(and now the people that don't get the joke think I have multiple personalities.. like csk)

Oh, but that is so true, miseur.

--------------------

dadaist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2004 18:56      Profile for dadaist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zushiba:
<sarcasm>Must be hard to look for a geek guy</sarcasm>
I sure wish one or two of the girls at MY college were looking for a geek [Frown]

Hear, hear! One down side to commuting to a campus is that, since you're not living there, you're not spending more time around potential ... "interests." [Wink]
Posts: 32 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
FireStar
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3142

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2004 20:20      Profile for FireStar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only do I not live on campus, but my college also happens to be a Luthern seminary in addition to a college (I'm there because of the awesome psych program), any guy at my school is either nasty or studying to become a minister and not in "the game". All the available guys are "cool" (ie: not excited about ROTK ee being released! Not knowing what the heck ROTK ee means...).

--------------------
"We both know that this notion of human equality perpetuates mediocrity. But we're not mediocre, are we, Miss Parker? We're independent - and independence - that's a privilege of the strong. Tell me, Miss Parker, how strong are you?" - Mr. Lyle

Posts: 10 | From: The Frozen North (Canada) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dadaist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 08:32      Profile for dadaist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireStar:
Not only do I not live on campus, but my college also happens to be a Luthern seminary in addition to a college (I'm there because of the awesome psych program), any guy at my school is either nasty or studying to become a minister and not in "the game". All the available guys are "cool" (ie: not excited about ROTK ee being released! Not knowing what the heck ROTK ee means...).

Return of the King, Extended Edition (the 4 DVD box set). That's always a way to start a conversation, if you're not afraid of admitting you don't know. Walk up to the guys and ask just what the high holy heck the acronyms stand for.
Posts: 32 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture