homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » how can i get him to notice me? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: how can i get him to notice me?
hopeless29
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2807

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted June 23, 2004 16:07      Profile for hopeless29   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is this really HOTT guy at the pool i go to but his friend likes me but i don't know if the guy that i like likes me!? [thumbsdown] ...... does ne one know how i can get him to notice me (besides my top coming off cause my top fell off already but on accident, he did notice me though............) thanks! [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: an air force base | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 16:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the best way to get noticed is to wear a bikini and tattoo his name everywhere you can on your body. Then march by the pool playing the euphoneum and waving a banner with the confederate flag.

Of course if what you really want is for him to like you then I would suggest something more along the lines of starting up a conversation and seeing if you have any mutual interests. [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 16:59      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well dropping your top might not be the attention you want. [Big Grin]

I would try to find out some of his interests, so you have something to talk about and something you could do. Does he like rock climbing or horror flicks, etc?

Then you could suggest doing something together in a casual way. Maybe even ask some other people to come, so it is low pressure the first time you meet away from the pool

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 17:12      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. I'm all for more top droppings. Post a pic while your at it [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 19:30      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every just walk by and say hi? you don't have to really say it verbally. you can just smile

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 20:14      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the top dropping probably worked very well. Mainly though, I think the way to get him interested in you is to be interested in him. Strike up a conversation, smile, make eye contact. If you've got a good sense of humor, be funny. But definately relax. You might want to stick to the eye contact, smiling, and top dropping until you think you can get through a conversation without losing your cool.

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 04:36      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Set fire to yourself and then write out your love message to him on the ground in scorch marks. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 13:26      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move to OUTER MONGOLIA and over a period of SEVENTEEN YEARS SIX MONTHS THREE WEEKS TWO DAYS FIVE HOURS TWELVE MINUTES AND FORTY-THREE SECONDS train a TROUPE OF DANCING MONKEYS then you must return to the god-forsaken hellhole which is SOUTH DAKOTA, hand them all SEMI-AUTOMATIC DEER RIFLES, and make them do their WILD MONKEY DANCE.

Alternatively, you could just say 'hi'.

/me has discovered xemacs -f psychoanalyse-pinhead

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 13:36      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking for a bit about the original post, I don't like people until after I interact with them. Maybe you should reclassify your 'liking' him to 'has a crush on' or 'thinks he's cute.' Then you may be able to think of steps to get you to 'determining if he likes you and if you like him,' which, in many cases, is called a 'date.'

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 16:16      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:
Move to OUTER MONGOLIA and over a period of SEVENTEEN YEARS SIX MONTHS THREE WEEKS TWO DAYS FIVE HOURS TWELVE MINUTES AND FORTY-THREE SECONDS train a TROUPE OF DANCING MONKEYS then you must return to the god-forsaken hellhole which is SOUTH DAKOTA, hand them all SEMI-AUTOMATIC DEER RIFLES, and make them do their WILD MONKEY DANCE.

Whoa whoa, wait...

You're telling me there is a NORTH DAKOTA?!? [Eek!]

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 02:12      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best thread ever!

And I had almost forgotten about Zippy, king of non-sequitur.

Does this emacs addon work with OS-X?

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 07:54      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[religious war]
Nooooo! Not emacs. Why does anyone want a kitchen sink? I use a real text editor, thank you very much.
[/religious war]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 08:15      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garr, I'ze be uzin da VI. Arrrrr.
hopeless29
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2807

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted June 25, 2004 14:07      Profile for hopeless29   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
Thinking for a bit about the original post, I don't like people until after I interact with them. Maybe you should reclassify your 'liking' him to 'has a crush on' or 'thinks he's cute.' Then you may be able to think of steps to get you to 'determining if he likes you and if you like him,' which, in many cases, is called a 'date.'

i Have "interacted" with him, i told everyone that his friend likes me, (which i agree with you when you say to LIKE someone you have to KNOW them)so OBVIOUSLY i have interacted with him and his friends
[crazy] ne way, i've talked to him before but not much but from what i've heard him say (and he seems VERY polite) and how he looks i DEFINETELY LiKe him [Big Grin] ! So i guess i should rephrase what i asked earlier, how do i know if he feels the same way about me that i feel about him? [Confused]

Posts: 4 | From: an air force base | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 15:37      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please read some scripture.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
v01d
Mini Geek
Member # 2272

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 19:33      Profile for v01d     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with ooby on this one. How do you know you *like* a person that you *don't know*? Would you still like the same hot dude if the entirety of his interests are (sorted by precedence): 1) getting laid 2) showing off in his lolly-pop Mustang convertible (red, of course) 3) having a beer with his gym-buddies, discussing 1 and 2?

Anyhow, quite the oposite, maybe he's just a good (decent) friend and won't make a move on you until his friend who got a crush on you takes his chance.
Well, unless he's a type that has no problem with dating his friend's girlfriends...

And a really good bit of advice: leave him be. Go back to the geek stuff. (Optional: make it easy to get your aim/icq/whatever.)

--------------------
There're running jobs. Why don't you go chase them?

Posts: 69 | From: windy city | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 21:17      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there's this book being passed around my lab called The Rules. I'll spare y'all the details by summing it up: play the hard-to-get-princess. According to the book, the more you make him work, the more he'll want you.

In short, ignore his ass and get on with your life.

I have no idea if this will work. I am, after all, not a man.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 21:37      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
So there's this book being passed around my lab called The Rules. I'll spare y'all the details by summing it up: play the hard-to-get-princess. According to the book, the more you make him work, the more he'll want you.

Fuggin' 'ell - must things get worse? What about the other possibility - you play so hard to get that he just says 'fsck it,' and quits trying. Enough kowtowing!

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 21:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if he really wants you, he won't give up.

Disclaimer: I am not a "Rules Girl". If I have ever followed any of the rules, it was because I was shy. That said, acting desperate tends to turn men off. There's much to be said for self-confidence.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 11 posted June 26, 2004 01:17      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:

That's really interesting that you mention that Xanthine, as some of our lab at uni (computer science) are passing around a link that i know to be followed massively (mostly by guys, but also condoned by girls) woldwide (Doc Love's "The System" which condones the exact same thing for guys. That is, play hard to get and be a 'challenge'.

quote:
You CAN be proactive by making sure that your woman gets what she needs from you in order to fall and stay in love, which is a sense of Challenge [allowing the woman to chase you]. Challenge is magical. Challenge is romantic. Challenge is the most powerful aphrodisiac on the planet. from doc love
My question is, if girls are ignoring and playing hard to get, and guys are ignoring and playing hard to get... where's the love?!
someone's losing out here, and it looks like its both of them. but then, speaking widely, if your goal is work/career and not love, maybe you're better off.

thoughts?

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 09:54      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:

Whoa whoa, wait...

You're telling me there is a NORTH DAKOTA?!? [Eek!]

Sad... But true...

quote:
Originally posted by dm:
[religious war]
Nooooo! Not emacs. Why does anyone want a kitchen sink? I use a real text editor, thank you very much.
[/religious war]

Hah... I use JOVE or pico for text editing, I could never get the hang of VI, but for development and general ASCII word processing, nothing beats emacs.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 11:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know - after saying the emacs is a slow, bloated piece of crap, and that it probably almost needs a boot sequence, whereas vi starts in less than a second, I tried to start it, and was so happily surprised....
code:
[[email protected]op dragon]$ emacs
bash: emacs: command not found
[[email protected] dragon]$

I forgot that I did that awhile ago to clear some clutter off my hard drive [Big Grin] . Now I don't even have to remember my emacs emergency training (C-x C-c) - except if I'm on a foreign machine, and get into it by grievous accident.

--------------------

v01d
Mini Geek
Member # 2272

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 13:28      Profile for v01d     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, if he really wants you, he won't give up.
-- myth.

dragon is right: playing "too hard to get" like playing *any* game, you're doomed to loose sooner or later.

Think about it for a second: would you be surprised if *your* hard-won prize suddenly starts voicing its own opinions?

I guess the whole issue changes with times and people. There were times when gender roles were defined more clearly but were totally different from present. Women were treated as kind of loot, but then, nobody was talking about treating them as equal to men either...

Anyhow, my point is -- if you play "loot", you may be perceived as "loot". Some people are quite persistent in getting "what they really want", but is it the thing that *you* want?
The whole "hard to get" and a host of other games are like selling yourself and buying others, it isn't about fair sharing of (part) of your life, is it?

--------------------
There're running jobs. Why don't you go chase them?

Posts: 69 | From: windy city | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 16:04      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having any "plan" of action is bad. Period. No games, imho.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 16:10      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
Having any "plan" of action is bad.

Yeah - a plan of inaction is always better. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture