homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Our Major Turn offs (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Our Major Turn offs
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2003 22:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
So, exactly how much to you spend each month on 1-900-HOT-SLUT?

Are you kidding?
I'm in their 'Frequent Flyers Club'.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2003 22:24      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just phoned 1-900-HOT-SLUT and Spungo answered.... [Eek!]

/me in the fetal position in the shower trying in vain to scrub away the sound of his voice and those sheep bleating in the background

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
caffiene
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2468

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2003 08:18      Profile for caffiene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drasca:
I would like to see what everyone else finds unappealing in the opposite sex. Any stories, rumors, bad jokes, experiences are appreciated.

My personal "turn offs" include the following: Smugness, Unwillingness, Hyperactivity, Frigity, *real* whining, unnatural look, seemingly fake smiles, and smoking in front of me while I can smell it

-Drasca

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
caffiene
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2468

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted December 07, 2003 08:26      Profile for caffiene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caffiene:
quote:
Originally posted by Drasca:
I would like to see what everyone else finds unappealing in the opposite sex. Any stories, rumors, bad jokes, experiences are appreciated.

My personal "turn offs" include the following: Smugness, Unwillingness, Hyperactivity, Frigity, *real* whining, unnatural look, seemingly fake smiles, and smoking in front of me while I can smell it

-Drasca

My personal turnoffs are, but not exclusive to: too much drinking, talking about ex's, aloofness, bragging, arrogance, close-mindedness, immaturity, unemployment, lying, cheating, desperation, constant babbling, and assuming that they know what you're thinking. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are others that'll come to me later. Also, I don't want to clutter up the board.
Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alter Soleil
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2003 19:10      Profile for Alter Soleil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty easy going.
Things that turn me off:
Smoking, not listening and smother-ers.
I really don't mind other things.

--------------------
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/SS/J d- s---:+ a---? C++>$ U--- P+>++++ L- !E W++>+++ N? o? K-
w++(-)>$ O- M-- V? PS(+) PE+(+++) Y+ PGP- t-- 5-- X-- R tv+ b+ DI+>+++ D+
G+ e*(-) h! r x-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
www.geekcode.com (get your own)
www.ebb.org/ungeek (decode)

Posts: 1 | From: FAI AK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
AtariKid
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2493

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2003 04:19      Profile for AtariKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess my turnoffs are the same as most people, rudeness, being one of the sheeple.

The one thing that I want to find is someone who's kind and passionate about their lives.

Posts: 1 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2004 16:45      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly four years have passed and this thread was still going. Legacy works in strange ways.

Well, time for an update:

Smoking is no longer a turn off. Most of the stuff I put up there is invalid now. Hyperactivity... being energetic is actually a bit of a turn on now. I appreciate passion too.

The only real turn-off is lack of chemistry, and that is caused by any number of would-be ill-suited pairings. Vapidity, lack of anything in common, lack of energy and excitement.

The "I don't have a chance" and "We'd grate on each other" is a definite turn off. If we're two positively charged protons being slammed against each other... that's not so fun. I'd rather have an electron to my proton.

Oh yes. The actual list.

Cellphones
Small-minded perspective
Selfishness
Coldness
Cruelty
Snobs
Having a boyfriend--I'm not terribly excited if they're already taken

--------------------
-Drasca
"To dream is the most wonderful and foolish thing there is"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2004 03:58      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh cell phones are awful. Especially in the hands of someone who is reminded of something they want to tell someone else in the middle of a conversation with you, and just pull it out and start dialing.

Television. I have better things to do than go over to some guy's house and watch him flip channels every 30 seconds to 3 minutes for hours.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1150 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2004 12:19      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank god I don't have a cell phone. Reach me on my land line (with answering machine [Wink] ).
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture