homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » A project for this Saturday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A project for this Saturday
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2011 22:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dig through your wardrobe, find a set of old clothes you no longer want, and on Saturday, leave them somewhere around town, like this...

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 01:48      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But when? I understand it's supposed to be at 6:00 pm
but which time zone? Will it be Jerusalem time or
will it happen to 1/24th of the world at a time?
Nobody will answer these questions for me. [Razz]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 01:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
But when? I understand it's supposed to be at 6:00 pm but which time zone? Will it be Jerusalem time or will it happen to 1/24th of the world at a time? Nobody will answer these questions for me. [Razz]

Don't be silly, 'time zones' are just a theory.

The Bible tells us that the world is flat - so there are no 'time zones'..

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 03:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year or two ago, I was riding up a ski lift and I looked down and at the edge of the run I saw a pair of skis and poles. No footprints, no skier. So my theory is the Rapture already happened and that was the only one who went. [evil]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 11:17      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another suggestion...

-

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 19, 2011 12:36      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 million style points to anyone who does it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 13:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, slightly cheaper, print off a few of these...

-

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 13:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to see that while we're joking about trivia, the US Government is preparing for a more plausible threat.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2011 16:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
It's good to see that while we're joking about trivia, the US Government is preparing for a more plausible threat.

Heh...well, it got my attention, that's for sure (simply looking at the URL).

If you look 'below the fold,' it's actually a well-disguised helpful page!
The CDC must have hired a clever intern...maybe s/he read this over his or her lunch break. [Razz]

P.S. Oh...I was too busy to read /. today. [Frown]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2011 03:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.P.S.

WIN! (f/b3ta)
>> Grey Bloke's Rapture <<
Monochrome nerd Greybloke returns with good
advice on how to cope with Mr Lord Jesus's
imminent plans to return and form a posse.
http://goo.gl/kWuNl

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2011 06:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

(not my work, so I can't take credit)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2011 22:12      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2011 23:22      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well TFD is Post Rapture, Any one up for a ROLL CALL? Twelve hours to go here.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 01:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to a Rapture Party tonight - left early, didn't say goodbye to anyone.

(sometimes I tell lies)

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 04:37      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Went to a Rapture Party tonight - left early, didn't say goodbye to anyone.

(sometimes I tell lies)

Perhaps only heathens were present, and you just couldn't feel the earthquake? [Wink]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 09:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

--------------------

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 11:32      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on now he was partly right.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43121772/ns/world_news-europe/

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 12:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I figured I'd be damned to stay on Earth, and I was right! [Razz]

Still, I was sitting by the window in a coffee shop, and didn't see anyone float upward, nor any earthquakes. Oh well. [Smile] (Mind you, there was a huge downpour just beforehand that looked awfully ominous. [Wink] )

Hysterically stupid as all this is, I do feel /kind of/ bad for the saps that fell for it, and annoyed that H. Camping rooked them. I'd like to know _his_ fate...

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 12:20      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reuters reported that his house in Alameda, CA is covered with shades and the Family Radio headquarters had a sign on its front door saying "The Office is Closed. Sorry we missed you!"

source

Raptured or hiding? I think we all know the answer.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2011 22:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My theory is that The Rapture happened right on schedule, and both of the Good Christians were taken.

--------------------

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2011 00:52      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My theory is the guy had very little money and wanted a big wad of it to go retire on some tropical island.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2011 12:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would have been really funny if Harold Camping had staged his own 'disappearance' on Saturday.

[edit]Wow, the power of prophesy is within me!

From Harold Campings wikipedia page

quote:
Wikipedia:
His location is currently unknown.

--------------------

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2011 13:34      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opps!
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture