homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Westboro Baptist Church needs to hire a proofreader...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Westboro Baptist Church needs to hire a proofreader...
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 03:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've got a nasty typographical error on their web site and posters.
The truth is, God hates figs.

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 04:35      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your all gay
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 07:08      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very witty and an excellent riposte.

From the same flickr set I liked this

-

Well done Chicago.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 08:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 13, 2009 09:50      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Applause]

LOVE IT

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted March 13, 2009 13:26      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TAKE THAT XD

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 16:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the risk of sounding stupid, it looks like 'fig' is the intended word, given the quoted scripture. It would be really dumb if that said something different, no? (Granted, it's really fscking stupid as is.)

If you're going to write hate speech, you should either:
1. FOAD
2. At least make some sense in your venom. [Razz]

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but maybe there's actually a brilliant cynic working in the church office there? [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 17:07      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dragon I assume you know little of the Westboro Baptists. They are a very small ultra hyper super apocalyptic fundamentalist church. They only have 40 or so members most of whom are part of the extended family of the control freak pastor, and are infamous for picketing military funerals with their fluorescent placards proclaiming among other things that "God hates fags" and telling anyone who will listen that the dead soldier is going straight to Hell. These charmers recently paid a visit to the University of Chicago where students rather than get upset by them, parodied their message with among other things this flyer. It was produced by the students as a joke, not by the Westboro Baptists.

This short film tells the story, and this flickr set is where the pics came from.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 18:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh...well, I was pretty close then!

Cheers for the relevancy links. [Smile]

Alas, TFD's subject seems to have very much missed this. :/
(Or at any rate, I read the sign in full and thought 'but that's brilliant satire...WTF does it have to do with that church?' [Razz] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture