homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » World condemns man for missing Bush! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: World condemns man for missing Bush!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 14, 2008 23:03      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
International leaders and commentators have called for the "harshest possible punishment" to be used against the man who failed to hit George W Bush in the fucking face with his shoes.

At a press conference with Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki, an Iraqi journalist was wrestled to the floor by security guards after he called Mr Bush "a dog" and threw his footwear, just missing the president.

Politicians around the world have expressed shock and awe that he missed the president's grinning face, and insisted that if they had been there, there would have smashed the bastard's nose right in.

continue reading...
http://thestupidtimes.blogspot.com/2008/12/world-condemns-man-for-missing-bushs.html

Posts: 7826 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 00:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a heel.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10459 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 03:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________ TheMoMan Here __ From years ago I had become aware that in the Iraqi culture it is a total insult to allow some one to see the bottom of your shoes. I am unsure about how the custom came about or why it is an insult.

If you remember when the statue of Saddom fell the child slapping the face of the statue with his sandals was an insult to the then Iraqi ruler.

Maybe some one else can offer more info, so even if he missed Bush the Insult was delivered.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5472 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 12:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's been arrested, and could face 7 years jail.

That's not fair, he really wouldn't hurt a sole.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 12:55      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say this guy is a journalist, but I reckon he's just a loafer!

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 13:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To get past all that security, he must be a pretty good sneaker.

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 14:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me throws a shoe at TFD

That reached the upper bounds of awful.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7667 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 14:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________ Shucks I thought he was "A shoe-in".

--------------------

Posts: 5472 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2008 17:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes Xanthine can be very straight-laced.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 10:11      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if seven years would be too long a punishment for this offense, but I'm certain that tennis.
Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 12:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ten years for throwing some shoes?
That would be sandalous.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 12:57      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't decide if I support a ten year sentence...... one minute I think it is for the courts to decide, then I flip-flop and think it is all just a Croc™. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted December 16, 2008 13:19      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My why don't we boot Bush already, all the world is eager for Obama's inauguration.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 16, 2008 15:26      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess Iraqi reporters can be very insole-ent.

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1001 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 16:01      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The political implications of jailing him could be bad. They should tread lightly.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Anovadea
Geek Apprentice
Member # 15588

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 17:05      Profile for Anovadea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
/me throws a shoe at TFD

That reached the upper bounds of awful.

Hey now, we don't want any spats here!
Posts: 46 | From: Dublin | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 17:34      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure the future Dr. X. was just speaking tongue-in-cheek.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1669 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 18:31      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah. TFD is just toe-ing the limits of my tolerance for puns. Scuffs up me sensibilities. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7667 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2008 18:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy missed, he obviously can't throw very accurately.
Maybe next time he should hire a shoe-throwing trainer.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2008 12:39      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord! How long can this footgear debacle last?
Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2008 13:25      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until someone shoes Bush out of office!

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1001 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2008 13:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ Until the uppers wear out because they could be resoled. and or reheeled

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2008 13:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard he missed because he lost his footing while throwing.
It seems the floor in the press room was slippery.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2008 14:01      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now if he'd es-shoe-ed footwear throwing in favour of sneaking up on Dubya with a stilletto.... the result would be very different [evil]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2008 14:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure GWB's personal physician, Dr Marten, would be able to fix a mere knife-wound.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.