homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Subject: How to use the rebate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Subject: How to use the rebate
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 03:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to use the rebate

As you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and every one of us (merkins) would now get a nice rebate.
If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.
If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs.
If we purchase a computer it will all go to India.
If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.
If we purchase a car it will all go to Japan.
If we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan,
and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

I can just see Spitzers attorneys claim he was trying to help the economy.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 06:46      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter how or when or where you spend money. Cash flow stimulates the economy. So it doesn't matter if you spend it on hoes, she's just gonna go spend it in a store that you probably wouldn't have in the first place.

It's all good economics but what I have to say is, OVER $81,000!? I whish I had that kind of money to blow on hoes. Shit!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 07:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
OVER $81,000!? I wish I had that kind of money to blow on hoes.

That's 81,000 US dollars.

At current exchange rates, that the price of a good dinner and theatre tickets in Europe.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 15, 2008 08:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you purchase SuperFandom, all of it will go to the Canadians helping to entertain Americans. [Razz]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 13:55      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Credit card bills. That is all.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 15:15      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
OVER $81,000!? I wish I had that kind of money to blow on hoes.

That's 81,000 US dollars.

At current exchange rates, that the price of a good dinner and theatre tickets in Europe.

Ouch.
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 16:47      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just saving it - probably throwing it into a CD when my current one matures, even though the rates are low right now. I know they want me to spend it. But I'd prefer they tax me a bit more and fix up the budget, honestly. It needs the money more than I do right now.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 20:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
I'm just saving it - probably throwing it into a CD when my current one matures, even though the rates are low right now. I know they want me to spend it. But I'd prefer they tax me a bit more and fix up the budget, honestly. It needs the money more than I do right now.

The rates are pretty poor now...but I'm definitely against the 'spending is a good thing!!11!!11-one-ity-one-one!!!111!!' idea. Maybe I'll take a few bucks from it to buy a few more pairs of socks, or something, though. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2008 00:02      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm putting mine towards an implant.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2008 08:10      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's all good economics but what I have to say is, OVER $81,000!? I whish I had that kind of money to blow on hoes. Shit!

That's a lot of gardening. Either that or you're buying cheap hoes.

Yes, I knew what you meant. I just couldn't resist.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2008 10:28      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

That's a lot of gardening. Either that or you're buying cheap hoes.

Yes, I knew what you meant. I just couldn't resist.

Hey, I gotta do what I gotta do to plant my seeds [Wink]
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2008 11:41      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But are you planting them in good soil?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2008 12:18      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the most fertile, healthy and natural.
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2008 14:34      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably fix the house up. How sad is that?
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture