homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » FW: Quote for the ladies... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: FW: Quote for the ladies...
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 08, 2004 08:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Someday your Prince Charming will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions."

now what would be the "Cinderella" equivalent be...
[Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 10:06      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If the shoe fits... she'll tell you it's not her type."
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 11:41      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
"If the shoe fits... she'll tell you it's not her type."

Or that it doesn't match her belt or her purse.
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 23:18      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edit: my post is quoted below.

that was a quick negative-stars from that nice person though. [Wink]

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 23:22      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally (edited) posted by Alan!:
shut the f*** up and get back in the kitchen b****?

You must be popular with the ladies.....NOT. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 09, 2004 03:56      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey boys! It's "Quote for the ladies!" So the Cinderella quote would be: "Remember girls, you'll need full plastic surgery to catch Prince Charming's eye. Too bad mine didn't last longer than a few hours."

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 06:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I know a tonne of mean women-bashing jokes.

Don't read into these, they're all for fun. [Big Grin]

Q: Why shouldn't women be allowed to wear watches?
A: There's a clock on the stove.

Q: Why do women generally have smaller feet?
A: They can stand closer to the sink.

Q: Why did the woman cross the road?
A: Who cares? She left the kitchen.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 09:47      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

aw ffs, why do i lose two stars in ten minutes after my one tongue-in-cheek post, and this guy gets to keep all five of his stars?

where's the justice?

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 12:43      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan!:
aw ffs, why do i lose two stars in ten minutes after my one tongue-in-cheek post, and this guy gets to keep all five of his stars?

where's the justice?

Your use of some crude language might be the answer. No, it's not me, btw. I've been burned too, and I know first hand that to be condemned for a moment of bad judgement, with disregard of everything else one have said can hurt. I guess it's human nature to take action on what shocks (good or bad) rather on what seems normal.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 13:06      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

FYI....I did give you a 1 star rating (but apparently, so did a few others), but I thought you deserved it for posting something openly hostile and neanderthal. Alan! you have been around awhile and I guess people expected a little better, hey, I am the first to crack a joke and always love a good laugh, but that post just set off bells for me. Anywho, no need to get all pissy over your stars, I have had 4 for better than a year and have 59 votes which I am pretty sure is a record on GC.

This star/ratings thing comes up once in a while, I personally think you should be able to see who rates you as well as being able to rate others. Only seems fair. And, for the record, I think a while back I tip my cards so anyone who wanted to see what/if I rated them could.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 13:38      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

<voice="hippy"> Dude, it's not about the stars, maan. You can't, like, own a star! </voice>

Oh, and Alan, quit winning about your stars.

/me points at his stars.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 13:46      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

where's the justice?

You can now feel safe. My star rating was 4.5 before, and is now 3.67. Unfortunately, I couldn't possibly care less about my star rating.

If I get a star rating of 1, I'd probably learn that I'm not liked or wanted and leave, and it'd be as simple as that, but from what I can tell, I'm not too much of a nuisance. [Wink]

I also believe if you can't have a good laugh, there isn't any point in living. Whether the joke is crude, mean, evil, rude, or anything. If nothing's meant by it, then STFU and deal with it. [Big Grin]

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:13      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

To lose one star may be considered unfortunate, but to lose two is simply carelessness. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 15:09      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This star/ratings thing comes up once in a while, I personally think you should be able to see who rates you as well as being able to rate others.
Can't remember who said it, but it's true: "You can't have totally free speech without anonymity"

But who cares about stars anyway?

I care about others feelings and often censor my posts. I've had five stars forever I think. Obviously others don't and I don't care. I don't think anyone can shock me. You are welcome to try.

Forgive the rambling. I'm enjoying the port tonight.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 15:38      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The purpose of the stars is to discourage pointlessly offensive posts. That Alan! has expressed displeasure at losing two of them after making a pointlessly offensive post indicates that the system works.

Mind you I do think that if you have never offended anybody here, you must be very dull indeed.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 16:10      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said C.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 16:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic

Anywho, no need to get all pissy over your stars, I have had 4 for better than a year and have 59 votes which I am pretty sure is a record on GC.

Ha! Pwned! (I wanted to say the latter in the other thread [Wink] ). I've got 61 votes! Lots of negative ones in there, I'd like to add - Xanthine's campaign '5 stars for the dragon' actually seemed to hurt more than help, as it brought out the inner schmuck in some people. It's taken a /long/ time to get back into a score area in which I have 5 stars, and I half expect this post to change that.

While showing the cards, and since he stated the low score he gave me awhile back...Vic, I gave you a 2 a long time ago [Razz] . Nowadays, I'd change it something higher, but back then your charming style of posting didn't quite sit right with me. It didn't help that you made an offensive comment that was derogatory to my then-girlfriend's nationality :-/.

The only people I've ever given a 1 to have been complete and utter trolls. I've pretty much only given 5s to people I've seen post for awhile, and known to be good people - and I otherwise don't vote on people at all.

Viewing the forums as I do in a text-only browser, stars me Jack Shit to me, and it's only the content of a post that matters to me. Stars are, as my boss might say, "a nice to have."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 09, 2004 16:29      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
Mind you I do think that if you have never offended anybody here, you must be very dull indeed.

Fsck you, Calli.

So, am I interesting yet?

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 17:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

where's the justice?

Never mind Alan, who cares what a bunch of northern-hemispherian wankers think anyway? [Wink]

/me is not at all bitter about dropping to 4.45 recently.

btw - I've often thought it's a shame that ratings are 'set in stone', someone who gets off to a bad start, then starts behaving themselves, is stuck with those low votes for ever.

Any chance of unlocking those Snaggy?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 17:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Ha! Pwned! (I wanted to say the latter in the other thread [Wink] ). I've got 61 votes! Lots of negative ones in there, I'd like to add - Xanthine's campaign '5 stars for the dragon' actually seemed to hurt more than help, as it brought out the inner schmuck in some people. It's taken a /long/ time to get back into a score area in which I have 5 stars, and I half expect this post to change that.

While showing the cards, and since he stated the low score he gave me awhile back...Vic, I gave you a 2 a long time ago [Razz] . Nowadays, I'd change it something higher, but back then your charming style of posting didn't quite sit right with me. It didn't help that you made an offensive comment that was derogatory to my then-girlfriend's nationality :-/.

I've since climber to 62 votes. Anywho dman, I am sure you are confused, as you ex and I share a cultural homeland and we both have viking blood pumping through our hearts.

TFD....5 twinkles to you, and you have deserved it for a looooong time in my opinion.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 17:46      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
This star/ratings thing comes up once in a while, I personally think you should be able to see who rates you as well as being able to rate others. Only seems fair. And, for the record, I think a while back I tip my cards so anyone who wanted to see what/if I rated them could.

Rather than being able to see who rates you, I think having the ability to change your rating of others would be a nice feature. After all, someone may start out acting like a real troll, so you give them a one. Over time, they start posting intelligently and you want to change their rating to a higher number to reflect that they have become a better member. Under the present system you can't do this, so I try really hard not to give people a bad rating for trollish behavior at first, so if they later turn out to be good members I can give them a good rating.

Edit: looks like great minds sometimes think alike TFD. Hmmm... I noticed I have never rated you. OK you are worth 5 stars in my book man.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 17:47      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
quote:

<voice="hippy"> Dude, it's not about the stars, maan. You can't, like, own a star! </voice>

Oh, and Alan, quit winning about your stars.

/me points at his stars.

Hey dude, I resent that remark!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 17:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic:
I said "Back then..." - you ticked me off far earlier than that [Wink] . An ex from times since past...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 17:59      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Cap'n Vic:
I said "Back then..." - you ticked me off far earlier than that [Wink] . An ex from times since past...

I didn't realise you had dated one of Bush's daughters....how unfortunate

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 19:10      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, follow much the same format as dman. I have no 2s, 3s, or 4s in the list of people I've voted for. I've given pretty much everyone in this thread a 5. Only trolls get 1s. Pretty simple, really.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture