homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Munsters or Addams Family?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Munsters or Addams Family?
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2010 06:42      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This came up at work last week and was a surprisingly argumentative (in a good way) discussion. It seems everyone is polarized and has a strong opinion about which is better. So... which do you prefer?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 11 user(s) have voted.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 27, 2010 09:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tough one!

I'd have to go with Munsters, as Fred Gwynne as Herman was just so lovable.

And the theme song was much more to my liking. (Not that the Addams Family theme was a pushover.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFCnvH2E-6A

Although Yvonne De Carlo VS Carolyn Jones?...hmmm, I have to go with Carolyn.

Lurch rocked, but I hated the Addam's family kid Pugsley.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2010 12:12      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
munsters never had a hoollywood movie

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2010 12:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
munsters never had a hoollywood movie

Yes they did. Munster Go Home!
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2010 14:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addams FTW.

Gomez and Morticia were one of the great TV couples.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2010 15:07      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addams Family hands down.

Of course the 7 year old me watching reruns
may have been influenced by the presence
of the trains, even if they were there to be
blown up!

This is one of those cases where I think the
movie version held up very well. Lloyd and
Julia seemed like perfect casting. For good
days one of my IM status messages is,
"We Shall Dance the Mamoushka!"

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2010 18:21      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, you geezers are old!!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2010 07:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was always an Addams Family fan myself. Wednesday Addams was my first goth girl crush (but I was only eight or nine when I watched the show's re-runs, so that's not as creepy is it sounds).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2010 13:10      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addams family. Just loved them as a couple and how can you beat that theme song.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sludgedragon
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8746

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 20:48      Profile for Sludgedragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addams family was just way cooler, Munsters were a copycat with standard movie monsters for characters but Addams family was both original and much weirder. But the Munsters had a better theme song.
Posts: 10 | From: Oregon USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted September 30, 2010 09:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but who would you rather be neighbours to?
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2010 14:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy wrote:
Yes, but who would you rather be neighbours to?

I'd still have to say Addam's family. Evil dark haired women > mundane blonde women.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 01, 2010 00:14      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, but you'd be kept up at night with the sound of exploding colliding trains.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2010 09:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear.

I loved Pushing Daisies and Guillermo del Toro is great, but remakes of old shows are almost always horrifyingly bad.

(apologies to Jenn for stealing her line)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted October 01, 2010 13:52      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked them both. If you force me to choose, it'd have to be Addams Family, but we have the Internet so we can have both [Wink]
Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2010 09:10      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't I just like them both?

I would love to learn fencing from Gomez, and then drive hotrods with Herman.

Plus if I was smack dab between them, no one would care about the cars in my driveway. [Wink]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2010 13:26      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CommanderShroom wrote:
Can't I just like them both?

If you'd voted, you'd have seen that was one of the poll options. [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2010 13:55      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah... the voting thing. [blush]

Ambivalence for me!

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2010 16:25      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely the Munsters. The lighter of the two, IMO. Addams Family was kinda scary to me at the time.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2010 17:52      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are your girl scout cookies made from real Girl Scouts?

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Addams family, hands down. Thing's hand, btw.

And Morticia? Hottest Goth Girl evah!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture